We stayed in the "smallest" type room, and it was ample, with a queen sized bed, plus a fold-out couch, with a kitchenette (fridge/freezer/dishwasher/sink/stove). Service was great at every level. We enjoyed the included full breakfast, and ate in the Kanu Lounge a couple times. The truffle fries were pretty unbeatable, with duck bacon, cheese curds, and a delicious thyme gravy.
The fitness center was great (a few treadmills, stationary bikes, 2 elliptical machines, plus a bunch of nautilus machines and free weights). The pool and spa were lovely; we especially enjoyed sitting in the outside hot tub when it was below freezing outside. Highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge