Truly beautiful hotel in Lake Placid. The hotel is not actually on Whiteface Mountain, and you have to provide your own transportation to the ski resort. If you know that in advance, however, everything else about the resort is fantastic. The rooms are beautifully appointed and spacious. There is a fireplace in the living room and in the master bedroom. The master bedroom had a two person hot tub but the indoor outdoor pools and indoor outdoor hot tubs for the resort were delicious. They have free films every day, a game room, bowling alley, and free s'mores by the fireplace every afternoon. There is a small but nicely maintained ice skating rink. We only ate at the restaurant for one light dinner, but the food was quite good. I would clearly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge