“Not a detail missed”

The Whiteface Lodge
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband I went for a weekend getaway in the beginning of May. The moment we drove into the lodge, we were impressed. As we entered the hotel, we were drawn to the ceiling of the covered pathway toward the entrance. Antler chandeliers, beautiful wood work, and smal trinkets, we knew we wouldn't be disappointed at what was to come. A bell hop kindly opened the door for us and we walked into the beautiful lodge lobby. It just screamed COZY. The front staf was kind and willing to help us with any question. Also a plus, they allowed us into our suite early. We were on the 2nd floor in a deluxe suite. As soon as we walked into the room my hub asked, "how much was this??" As I looked around this perfect suite that was decorated so perfectly to fit the lodge theme- I said to him, "I can tell you it was worth every penny". So let me point out that I stand by that statement. Worth.Every.Penny. The heated floor in the huge master bathroom was reason enough for me. Some added bonuses include, turn-down service which they will bring you fresh water and awesome cookies, nightly. A washer and dryer combo, fully stocked (with supplies) kitchen, robes, bath salts for the jacuzzi tub, and towels for days. Lets put it this way, we would not have minded if it rained all wknd! Every need was attended to, promptly. If you book your res through the hotel directly, b'fast is included daily which is in the great room, just stunning. The lounge is cozy with tables and couches and a fire place. We took advantage of the lean to's where my husband was able to call from the phone inside the lean to, and order a cigar and a drink that was brought out to you. We even had to stop and have a banana split down in the ice cream parlar. This whole place was a real ADK lodge with every amenity you could want, along with staff who knows how to give great customer service.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was close to KANU where they served b'fast and the lounge where you could go for a dri...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris P, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello,
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am so glad you noticed and truly appreciated all the little details that make our Lodge an Authentic and Luxurious Mountain Getaway. Despite the spectacular facility we are so lucky to work in everyday, our goal is to have the guest service and our caring team outshines it. Your comments about our service and the value of your experience tell me we are achieving that!
We look forward to your next visit and exceeding your expectations again.
Best,
Chris Pulito

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have been going to the Whiteface Lodge for about 6 years now and haven't had the same type of suite yet. The place is awesome. There is so much to do and the staff is so friendly and accommodating. We've brought family and friends with us and have always had a great time here. It is one of our favorite places to go on vacation. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The lodge has alot to offer from a spa, indoor, outdoor pool, gym, theater, game room, bar, restaurant, afternoon coffee and tea, cookies, smores at night, etc. And if you don't want to do anything you can sit by the fire and read a book. There's also plenty for kids to do. It's also beautiful to walk around the grounds of the lodge no matter what time of year it is. The town of Lake Placid has alot of places to eat and shop and walk around.

Room Tip: We have had suites all over and have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chris P, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hello,
We look forward to your 7th year in a row staying with us and I assure you if you keep getting different Suites you will love each and every one. I think you covered just about everything in the amenity list and I am glad you enjoy them all.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I don’t know where to start in my description of our experience staying at the Whiteface Lodge since I was almost constantly in awe. From the imposing log-like construction of the buildings, to the spaciousness of our accommodations. All the staff were so friendly and accommodating, and the amenities more than I was expecting: kitchenette; dining area; living room with flat-screen TV and DVD player; gas fireplace; enclosed outdoor porch; 1 ½ baths; spacious bedroom with king size bed and another TV; huge bathroom with heated floor, whirlpool tub, separate large walk-in shower and twin sinks; cotton terrycloth bathrobes; free Wi-Fi; spa; movie theater; exercise room; game room; computer stations; outdoor hot tubs; did I mention the heated bathroom floor???; breakfast buffet; and much more.

My wife took advantage of the Spa services, which she was very pleased with, while I drove into town. While the main downtown area is about a mile away with not much in the line of shops until you get there, a strip mall is located across the street from the Lodge with a Price Chopper. While we didn’t take advantage of the dining facilities other than the included breakfast buffet, the buffet was a bit different each of our two days and very good.

We’re looking forward to a return trip in the Fall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hello,
I think you found an amazing place to start your review, "I was almost constantly in awe" is one of my favorite comments I have ever read about the Whiteface Lodge! We look forward to your return trip in the fall as well.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife and spent two nights. Awesome room...great amenities....extraordinary service. I completely recommend this place.
The room has beautiful pools. It has a great spa. Was amused and delighted to see that they have a mini theatre which plays movies.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Vikram_vindla

Hello,
We are so glad you and your wife had a Phenomenal Experience. There are not many places that you can enjoy a World Class Spa and Movie Theater all in one resort without leaving the building and we are glad you had the chance to do so with us.
Come back to stay with us again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for a few days with our four year old daughter. We had a great relaxing time. The room was spacious and clean and offered a nice view of the mountains. I was a little concerned four year old would be bored but she enjoyed every minute of it. The indoor/outdoor pool was her favorite part. There is also a movie theater and game room. At night we made smores, which is a family favorite for us. My favorite part was the spa. You are free to go in at anytime to use the steam room and sauna. I had a massage with Trish...she was excellent.
We had a great time and would highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Big, beautiful. Great outdoor pool, skating rink, snowshoeing. Great breakfast by the fireplace. Staff helpful. Great cross country skiing nearby. Loved the bowling alley on hotel. Location a bit away from town.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Elma99
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A beautiful hotel and resort in lake placid. The room was great, clean and beautiful. The staff are professional and friendly. What I like most here is ice skating and I enjoyed it. And the food was delicious and great!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family