My husband I went for a weekend getaway in the beginning of May. The moment we drove into the lodge, we were impressed. As we entered the hotel, we were drawn to the ceiling of the covered pathway toward the entrance. Antler chandeliers, beautiful wood work, and smal trinkets, we knew we wouldn't be disappointed at what was to come. A bell hop kindly opened the door for us and we walked into the beautiful lodge lobby. It just screamed COZY. The front staf was kind and willing to help us with any question. Also a plus, they allowed us into our suite early. We were on the 2nd floor in a deluxe suite. As soon as we walked into the room my hub asked, "how much was this??" As I looked around this perfect suite that was decorated so perfectly to fit the lodge theme- I said to him, "I can tell you it was worth every penny". So let me point out that I stand by that statement. Worth.Every.Penny. The heated floor in the huge master bathroom was reason enough for me. Some added bonuses include, turn-down service which they will bring you fresh water and awesome cookies, nightly. A washer and dryer combo, fully stocked (with supplies) kitchen, robes, bath salts for the jacuzzi tub, and towels for days. Lets put it this way, we would not have minded if it rained all wknd! Every need was attended to, promptly. If you book your res through the hotel directly, b'fast is included daily which is in the great room, just stunning. The lounge is cozy with tables and couches and a fire place. We took advantage of the lean to's where my husband was able to call from the phone inside the lean to, and order a cigar and a drink that was brought out to you. We even had to stop and have a banana split down in the ice cream parlar. This whole place was a real ADK lodge with every amenity you could want, along with staff who knows how to give great customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge