Whiteface Lodge is one of the most stunningly beautiful properties ever. So why did I give it a four rather than a five star review? Senior management does not focus on the customer experience--and with just a little effort this place could be fantastic. Don't get me wrong-the staff are pleasant and friendly-as long as you stick to their script. Simple requests, such as for hypo-allergenic bedding and repeated calls from the road for a one hour early check-in were muffed. Ditto for a broken kitchen faucet that sprayed water in my face and a 15-month toddler allowed to be in the jacuzzi!! That aside, the rooms are spectacular if you love the Adirondack look-pine bark, pine cones, and outdoorsy stuff. The spa, movie theater, and indoor/outdoor pool are lovely, as is the private beach. Two places not to miss-Paradox Lodge for an incredible meal and the Wild Center for a wonderful environmental education experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge