The Whiteface Lodge
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
Best Western Adirondack Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$159
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$860
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$149
Hampton.com
US$99
US$89
QualityInn
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$163
Courtyard
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$143
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$209
Travelocity
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$107
Priceline
1,233 results
All reviewsbowling alleymovie theaterthe indoor outdoor poolkanu restaurantkanu loungebedroom suitethe ice cream parlorwasher dryerfull kitchengames roomturn down servicekamp kanuvalet servicetwo laneheated bathroom floorsfree popcorncookies
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Whiteface Lodge is one of the most stunningly beautiful properties ever. So why did I give it a four rather than a five star review? Senior management does not focus on the customer experience--and with just a little effort this place could be fantastic. Don't get me wrong-the staff are pleasant and friendly-as long as you stick to their script. Simple requests, such as for hypo-allergenic bedding and repeated calls from the road for a one hour early check-in were muffed. Ditto for a broken kitchen faucet that sprayed water in my face and a 15-month toddler allowed to be in the jacuzzi!! That aside, the rooms are spectacular if you love the Adirondack look-pine bark, pine cones, and outdoorsy stuff. The spa, movie theater, and indoor/outdoor pool are lovely, as is the private beach. Two places not to miss-Paradox Lodge for an incredible meal and the Wild Center for a wonderful environmental education experience.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pond.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mpiturro
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Beautiful hotel very clean. Staff goes above to make you happy. I stayed in 3 bedroom it was the best. Pool area was very nice. Can't wait to go back. Chris met me at my car and escorted me to check in,then took me to my room. The staff made you feel like family. I wish I could remember all the names. Took a shuttle to the canoe club and went out in a peddle boat. Loved the nightly smores. So much to do. Great views out our windows.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pattie403
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My daughter got married at the Canoe Club (private beach owned by the Whiteface Lodge). Experience was perfect as she wanted a nontraditional experience in a gorgeous setting. After the ceremony, kids played in the sand and adults changed into jeans and played volleyball, croquet, horseshoes, etc. Lodge provided a BBQ buffet. Ended the evening with a marshmallow roast in their fire pit.

Lodge rooms are magnificent! Even nicer than the pictures!

Lodge has great facilities including an indoor/outdoor pool, hot tubs and a game room with full-size bowling, ping pong, pool, air hockey and more. It rained for two of the days we were in Lake Placid and no one was bored as spent the entire time on the Lodge property.

Note that this property is NOT in the main part of town. Must take a shuttle or walk to both town and the Canoe Club.

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in a 1-bedroom suite. Offered plenty of room for other family members to visit.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I chose the Lake Placid area for a spontaneous getaway. The Whiteface Lodge looked perfect and it was! From the moment we arrived, when Ian warmly welcomed us, whisked our luggage to our room and valet parked our car, we felt totally cared for as welcome guests of this beautiful resort. Our accommodations on the second floor were spacious, comfortable and spotless. The bathroom had double sinks, a walk-in shower, a jetted tub and lots of towels. The private porch was delightful. The breakfast in their restaurant Kanu is very good and dinner there is excellent; however, the lounge/lunch menu is a bit weak. Our 3 night stay was too short and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

First I have the write this is a beautiful hotel with fine attention to detail in the architecture and decor. It has a very warm feeling throughout, and the terrace on our end junior suite was heavenly.

We enjoyed the s'mores and an evening swim in the jacuzzi under a starry sky.

But, I probably won't be returning during the summer months. My husband and I really would have preferred to be on the lake. We felt like were were always driving to the canoe club, into town for dining and shopping or to walk Mirror Lake. So while this is outstanding lodging, we would recommend it for families with small children or for people who love a great pool. I also noted the staff is really fantastic with small children and go out of their way to ensure guests have a wonderful time.

I also have to add that I knew this was an expensive hotel but felt due to the reviews it would be worth the splurge for our summer vacation. I don't feel the experience was parallel to the cost.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple