Whiteface Lodge genuinely exceeded all my expectations. The layout of the lodge, the exquisite service, the amenities all wrapped up to an extraordinary stay. I found the staff to be professional and helpful, going that extra mile. Let's not forget we had 3 drama queen tween girls, yet the staff remained courteous throughout our stay.
The amenities were abundant; chocolate chip cookies, s'mores, movies, games, the indoor-outdoor pool - which wasn't huge albeit configured wisely. It just worked. The restaurant was comfortable with an abundant breakfast buffet. The rooms are clean, clean, clean. The heated floor in the bathroom was a nice added touch.
There is a shuttle to take you to their private beach. The summer hosts a kids' club. The grounds are lovely to walk. DVDs for the kids.
This lodge has quite the rustic feel to it with many coves for sitting in comfortable chairs.
A memory not to be forgotten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge