“The perfect end to our summer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Whiteface Lodge

The Whiteface Lodge
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Ridgewood NJ
“The perfect end to our summer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Just back from a 2-family vacation - 4 adults and 4 kids ages 5-7. Could not have asked for a more fantastic experience for all! The accommodations are lovely and immaculate, and every member of the staff is polite and helpful. Further, while the hotel was at or close to maximum capacity, it simply never felt crowded. There was plenty for all to do (swimming, tennis, bowling, game room, movie theater, hiking trails, boating) - but not too much to overwhelm. Our kids all attended "Camp Canoe" in the morning which gave the adults a few hours to relax, and then we had our afternoons and evenings together to enjoy all the lodge had to offer. I could not imagine a lovelier place to have spent the week, and we will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: Opt for the ground floor if you're traveling in summer - the patios lead straight to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank RBCooke
Chris P, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Hello,
Wow, we appreciate the glowing endorsement and look forward to hosting both of your families again! All seasons are great and even in the winter we offer so much to do with an ice skating rink, outdoor campfires/fireplaces with Hot Chocolate, snowshoeing trails and a sledding hill all on site with equipment included (not to mention the skiing and Olympic Activities in the Village). If not winter we hope to host another family summer getaway for you to enjoy the camp and other amenities again along with superb service!
Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Havelock, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed here last year, and were so impressed! Loved everything about it! Soooo, we were going to book a weekend getaway again this fall. Could not book online , as it was red flagged on the site as saying you need to call, same as last year, so I called at 10:30 this morning to make our reso, I was told there was no one to do that for me so they would take my name and call me back, I said it's ok I'll call back, thinking they were just really busy at that time. 2 hrs later, I called again and was told the same thing, I asked some questions , like r you that busy today that I can't make a reso, and r u understaffed?, and was told to leave my name and they would call back ASAP,,,, well, 1 hour later , I call AGAIN , and guess what? Give your name and number and someone will call you back ?, so I decide to actually do something and stop sitting by my phone all day and of course I miss the call around 3:30, this call tells me that the booking dept at the hotel is actually closed now ! But they will call me later! Guess what, no call back!!! wOW! Very disappointed! Why should it be so difficult to simply make a reservation . We obviously have changed our plans and are staying somewhere else . The staff was not even friendly on the phone , and the managers call stating the booking dept was actually closed at 3:30 on a Saturday was very condescending .
So sad to see! bc last year we thought the entire hotel and staff were so nice and helpful, not sure what has happened in the last year??

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank Christie C
Hello,
First I want to apologize that we did not get back to you and assist with your booking in a timely manner. Although it was our busiest day of the week during our busiest month of the year there is no excuse. I assure you that our service levels and the Lodge facilities are every bit as wonderful as or better than during your stay last year. Please feel free to reach out to me for your next stay request directly but I am confident this was truly a rare exception and the response if you decide to return will be prompt and professional in the future!
baltimore, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed at the Lodge for an August weekend and the weather was awful! The Lodge is so beautiful and the staff so wonderful that it didn't even matter. There is so much to do on the property that even cool, rainy weather in August isn't a problem. We would happily stay here in any season.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a few locations in the Lodge and all are fine.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Michele M
Hello,
Thank you for pointing out what I think makes the Lodge truly "Weather Proof" for most. Unlike most resorts even during a rainy week during the Summer or Ski Season with onsite Bowling, Movie theater, Old Fashion Game Room, Indoor Outdoor Hot Tubs and Pool, Kids Kamp, Entertainment, Luxury Spa and more a long weekend can still be a huge success instead of a nightmare! Of course we always root for great weather but we can provide so many indoor amenities on top of the huge list of outdoor year round activities there will always be plenty of fun to be had!
Best wishes
Manchester, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We were there in late winter. Beautiful place! Nice, comfortable room with a great view of the lake.
No outside noise from other rooms or street.
Friendly staff! Helpful with recommendations for places to eat.
Enjoyed the in house bar and lounge area. Nice grounds too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris P, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review your winter getaway. We hope to see you again this winter and the summer and fall are every bit as beautiful so we hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This resort is lovely but the staff is so warm and helpful. We had a very sick child during our visit and they couldn't have been more helpful. At one point I was out getting medical attention for our son and we came back to our room with a sweet note and a get well gift for him. It made him smile! Such a nice touch during such a stressful period. The staff even helped me with an urgent fax back to our own doctors back home before his office closed. I was so appreciative of having people who were so helpful. Thanks again everyone!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello,
Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience here for others to read! We certainly were sad to hear your child was sick during your stay but I am glad that our caring and genuine hospitality made the unfortunate situation better. We pride ourselves on our guest service and going above and beyond, I am so glad our team did so for your family!
Please come back soon when everything is healthy so you can all enjoy more of everything we offer.
Centerport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I spent several nights at the Whiteface Lodge the weekend of the Ironman. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and my daughter fell ill. Despite these pitfalls, my family had a wonderful time at the Lodge. The ample accommodations and the abundance of indoor activities --including the pool, the game room, and the media room -- compensated for what would have otherwise been a miserable vacation. I always try to book a hotel that can keep the kids entertained in case the weather is bad. The Whiteface Lodge exceeded my expectations in this regard and I plan to return next summer. Hopefully, the conditions will be better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chris P, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello,
We are sorry to hear you had bad weather and your daughter fell ill but we are thrilled we could be the "Silver Lining"! The Lodge is a unique resort experience unlike any other in the Adirondacks with enough Family and Adult activities on site that even a rainy vacation is still special. We look forward to your visit again next summer.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We only stood 2 nights because it was our first time at the Whiteface Lodge. I am not sure if I would actually stay again since I truly think it is overpriced. Our accommodations were outstanding. The major down side to the Lodge is the restaurant; dinner was too pricey for low quality food. We went shopping on our last night and I cooked Salmon and Rib Eye steak in our room and it was the best meal we ever had because the steaks from Hannaford were SO FRESH!! We also ventured into the town on Main Street and had a wonderful time eating at a restaurant in the area.

Room Tip: All the accommodations are wonderfully rustic
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Hello,
I am glad to hear you found your accommodations outstanding! We all hope you can visit us again in a non-peak month when our rates, along with all the hotels in Lake Placid, reflect a higher value with equally great experiences and terrific values. Our upscale dining experience is designed to present small regional farm ingredients with a creative flare. This does cause many items to be higher priced but we do offer a casual lowered and priced restaurant experience in our lounge plus kids menus in both locations.
We hope to see you again