The Whiteface Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$143
Hotels.com
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$113
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$276
  • Pool
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$150
US$93
QualityInn
Lake Placid Lodge(Lake Placid)
US$745
US$665
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$109
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$121
Town House Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$107
1,219 results
All reviewsbowling alleymovie theaterthe indoor outdoor poolkanu restaurantkanu loungebedroom suitethe ice cream parlorwasher dryerfull kitchengames roomturn down servicekamp kanuvalet servicetwo laneheated bathroom floorsfree popcorncookies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2010

WOW!

The Whiteface Lodge is a phenomenal place to visit. From our arrival to our departure the staff and services were amazing. The staff was always super friendly, eager to assist and made sure to keep you happy.

There really isn't anything you can't do here! My husband and I, along with two other friends, did sooooooooooooooooo much in our two night stay. Dinner, ice skating, bowling, spa, movie theater, ping pong, swimming, etc, etc, etc.

The complimentary shuttle service to town was outstanding. They took us to downtown and our driver made recommendations, per our request, at good places to eat, shop, etc. We called when we were ready to get picked up and they were there super fast.

Excellent service, lodging and beautiful place. Wish I was still there.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ACC896
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I was looking for a relaxing, getaway, a place to recharge my batteries. I found a great haven in this resort. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted, expeditiously checked in and then pleasantly treated to an overview of the hotel by one of the very informative staff members. I was escorted to my suite whereupon this staff member reviewed all the wonderful features of the room, including her favorite amenitiy - a heated bathroom floor!

The room was spacious, warm and cozy with a wonderful fireplace and full kitchen, with all the modern and sleek amenities one could ask for. The bed was soft, warm and inviting and the view of the woods was quiet and calming.

The resort's amenities were plentiful and one would be hard pressed to have to leave the property, as you can find so many things to do right on site. But if you are inclined to visit town, the hotel will happily drop you off and pick you up for a bit of retail therapy in downtown Lake Placid, just about 2 minutes away.

I had a wonderful dinner at Kanu, the resort's signature restaurant, and even dining solo, I was comfortable and at ease in the dining room. The second night I tried the Kanu Lounge, a more informal and casual pub. Service from the staff was wonderful in both dining venues and I highly recommend the Truffle French Fries as a wonderful tapas!

The experience was wonderful, I highly recommend a visit to this resort - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank lmd48
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The Whiteface Lodge has thought of pretty much everything you could want or expect. The suite was very large (upstairs/downstairs) and very nice with lovely views. Restaraunts in town were better than the lodge restaraunt and I wish they had wi-fi but otherwise a great stay. I would go back again happily anytime!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SCMother_of_two_boys
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Staying at the Whiteface Lodge was a big surprise for me. My fiancé and I went in June as a graduation present for my Master's Degree and we stayed at the Marriott, which was also a great hotel. We pulled into the Whiteface Lodge and was amazed at its beauty. In September we went up again as a 'week-end' get-away. Little did I know our stay there would lead to a wedding proposal. During our stay there we encountered some issues which were uncontrollable, fire alarm going off during our couples massage, the car attendant almost slamming our car into a Hummer H2, and our engagement dinner where we were somewhat neglected by what seemed like a stressed out waiter who had too many tables. But even with those few issues, I have nothing bad to say about the lodge itself. We have even booked our wedding there in which Emily, the Administrative Assistant has been helpful to my fiancé about giving him all the information to coordinator it. My fiancé also wrote a letter to the General Manager of the Whiteface Lodge about our experience just so they knew the issues we had. In returned, he received a prompt response and received an apology about our concerns and would address them. Being able to contact the GE and having such a quick response was amazing and shows that the establishment takes what the consumer feels seriously. I am super excited to have my wedding there and we are going back up next weekend to speak to Emily who is going to take us through the wedding process step by step! What more could you ask for from a place like this!? As I said I am very lucky to have been there for my engagement and even luckier to have my wedding there. One thing I also want to say that even with those three concerns we had, regardless the staff was great and friendly: the stressed out waiter, the attendant who drove a little too fast, and the poor masseuse’s who while finishing our massages had a bright blinking lights and clicking which caused headaches! All I can say to the lodge is keep up the great work and I cannot wait for the futures memories I am going to have there!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tkalbacher22
Reviewed 7 October 2010

From the moment you pull up to the valet and walk into the main area of the grand lodge, you instantly know you are somewhere special. What can I say...everything here was fantastic. Yes, it may be pricey but you do get what you pay for. Every suite has a kitchen, bathroom, many with two, and anything else you could ask for. Grounds, swimming pool, restaurant, rooms were all perfect! Nightly turn down service and morning service always came with an added surprise (fresh Granola for the day, cookies for after dinner, bedside water). Staff was super friendly and helpful. Great view of Whiteface mountain.

If you are looking for a special place to take that someone special, put this on your list!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple