“LOVELY AND FRIENDLY PLACE TO STAY AND RELAX”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Town House Lodge

Town House Lodge
Ranked #4 of 14 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“LOVELY AND FRIENDLY PLACE TO STAY AND RELAX”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Rooms are impeccable. Same confort as a four star hotel. Operated, cleaned, maintained by owners. They are very friendly and HELPFULL in what ever we need. We just feel like staying at his motel every time we go in Lake Placid. We strongly recommend this nice little cute motel to every one.

We stayed there many times

Two musical biker ladies

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montreal
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed in one of their apartment/cottage rental (Alpine Vacation rentals) at the entrance of town. It is tucked away in a little lane just next after the Alpine Motor Inn on the way into town, and is just a short 5min walk to the bulk of the shops on Main street.

We rented the 2-bedroom unit at the end of June, which cost $225/night. The rooms were spacious, each with their own TV and as nice as the more expensive B&Bs in the area. The kitchen was well-equipped and there were plenty of tables and chairs inside and outside of the unit. The units look relatively new and the decor is cosy. The only bad point was the poor wifi reception in unit itself but otherwise we had a great stay.

Definitely worth staying here especially if you are a group of adults that require 2 or more rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Ottawa, ONT
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed for for 3 nights while in Lake Placid to ski. This motel was very clean, comfortable and warm. No complaints. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to crash at the end of a day on the slopes and a few cocktails.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We stayed over MLK weekend in January 2011. The kitchenette room was beautiful, recently redone, and had a big screen so that we could watch the jets playoff game. What more is there to ask? We had brought wine and found the owners gladly supplying us with a corkscrew and wine glasses. An excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We go to Lake Placid every year, sometimes multiple times a year and have stayed at so many of the different hotels, motels and Inns and since having kids this place has to be our favorite and we have already booked our room for this summer! Last year we had a 1year old and a 3 year old and wanted a place walking distance to town with a pool. We didn't expect Lake Placid to be so cold and rainy in July so we didn't get to get in the pool but my girls still enjoyed putting their hands in it and looking at it. The room was extremely clean and I think the room had been updated within a few years. The owners were super nice and even though we had a room close to the street it was pretty quiet. Being across from the ice cream place didn't hurt at all. We loved how big the room was as it accommodated the pack 'n' play as well as the inflatable toddler bed my older one insisted we bring. Looking forward to staying there again this year and hopefully the weather will be warmer so we can enjoy the pools (there is a kiddie pool too) and if it's not we will have to hit the game room!

I really can't find any negatives with this place, hence the title, they are not the cheapest but they are no where near pricey. I keep trying to think about something they could improve and the only thing I can think about was that it would be nice to have a swing set on the property but really there is a great playground on Mirror Lake and I'm sure there are others nearby so this really shouldn't effect staying there!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 26 September 2009

The first time I stayed here, I thought it was perfect for my requirements, so on my second time to Lake Placid I decided to not waste my time researching other accommodations. The rooms are recently renovated (at least the ones I've been in, on the right side of the parking lot), super clean and done up in great log furniture.

As a previous reviewer wrote, yes, indeed the bathroom heater *is* in fact, the bomb, and the room heating units are also modern and not too noisy compared to some clunkers we've experienced.

The owner/host (assuming) was very helpful and friendly, informing us of a fabulous happy hour deal down the street, and thoughtfully leaving a stack of old terry cloth towels on the seat of our motorcycle in the AM to wipe down the condensation after a night of freezing temperatures.

I've been here twice and will happily stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed 24 February 2009

This was my first time to Lake Placid... I was very happy with our choice of lodging.
When we got to the Motel, the 'owner' (I'm guessing) offered us an upgraded room for a small price difference. He happily showed us both rooms, and surprisingly, we took the original one.....it had everything we needed and was very cozy.

The bathroom was nice, all tiled, although the shower was very small (not good for two). The water took a long time to heat up, but the heater in the bathroom was the BOMB!

The good thing was that the room heated up quickly (it was very cold that trip)
The bad thing was also that the room heated up quickly...... :) (we were sweating at night, even with the heater on lowest)

The bed was uber-comfy (down duvet and big pillows) and I thought the decor was cute... really added to my Adirondack experience....

We were in Lake Placid for ice climbing and this Motel was everything we needed it to be, I would definitely recommend this hotel for the couple or group out to see the beauty Lake Placid has to offer.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple