“Even a little better than very good”
Review of Town House Lodge

Town House Lodge
Ranked #3 of 14 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Even a little better than very good”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Four of us stayed there for a 3 day weekend. We have stayed there before, on a few occasions and it is always a joy to go back. This is very clean, comfortable, safe and conveniant accomodation for a reasonable price in Lake Placid. The individuals at the front desk are extremely helpful. The rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the parking is excellent. We have a motorcycle and we are sure it is safe in the parking. Addtionally, the lodge (more like a motel) is nicely located within walking distance to the main street in Lake Placid, with the restaurants and stores. I would recommand it to families anytime. I would also recommend it to couples that are looking for a quiet retreat at a resonable price for a weekend. A charming motel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Syracuse, New York, USA
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I went to Lake Placid for a quick trip with my boyfriend and his 2 kids after a college visit in the area. I called the Townhouse lodge to book a room and a woman answered. I asked about reservations and she very sharply said "Well I need to know when!" so I told her it was for the upcoming weekend and she said "We have a 2 night minimum" and hung up on me. Granted I DID only want one night but she never even asked me if I wanted 1 night or 2. So I went to work on line trying to find something. I found a website where it allowed me to book one night at the same place (very annoying that I couldn't just do it on the phone) so I booked it online. The online booking said "2 adults max" but never said anything about the kids. (They brought sleeping bags to sleep on the floor). So we get up there and while the kids and i are stretching our legs, my boyfriend checks us in at the main house. He gets they key and we head into the room to unpack.

The good part. The room was immaculate. It was SUPER SUPER clean. The bathroom was more spacious than I thought it would be and the beds were the cleanest I have seen. I always check for bed bugs and this place was SPOTLESS. it's definitely a standard, basic hotel room, but the small flat screen TV was a nice touch and I could not get over how clean it was. The air conditioning worked amazing too! The room was actually COLD by morning - it was great! The room darkening curtains were excellent too as we don't get up until around 9 so that was nice. Again, I simply can't say enough about how immaculate this place was. You want clean, go here.

So after we unload, we head outside to see the sites. A lady comes charging up the hill from the main house and practically yells at us "Are those kids in your party?!" We said they were and she said "There's an extra charge for them!". So my boyfriend politely says "Oh, I didn't know that. " And she just gives him this look like he was lying to her. Very strange, rude and embarrassing as lots of guests were outside their rooms relaxing on their motel chairs. We tell her we'll catch up with her when we get back and she's barks at us that we are also in the wrong parking spot. YIKES!

Anyway, we get back and he goes in to pay the difference for the kids. All that for another $10. Not even per kid, just a total of $10.

I would stay there again because it was so clean and a convenient location but whoever that lady is (I think she may own the place) needs a serious customer service attitude adjustment. My rating of "Very good" is SOLELY based on location and cleanliness, not friendliness.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank DKTravel2
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Rooms are impeccable. Same confort as a four star hotel. Operated, cleaned, maintained by owners. They are very friendly and HELPFULL in what ever we need. We just feel like staying at his motel every time we go in Lake Placid. We strongly recommend this nice little cute motel to every one.

We stayed there many times

Two musical biker ladies

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed in one of their apartment/cottage rental (Alpine Vacation rentals) at the entrance of town. It is tucked away in a little lane just next after the Alpine Motor Inn on the way into town, and is just a short 5min walk to the bulk of the shops on Main street.

We rented the 2-bedroom unit at the end of June, which cost $225/night. The rooms were spacious, each with their own TV and as nice as the more expensive B&Bs in the area. The kitchen was well-equipped and there were plenty of tables and chairs inside and outside of the unit. The units look relatively new and the decor is cosy. The only bad point was the poor wifi reception in unit itself but otherwise we had a great stay.

Definitely worth staying here especially if you are a group of adults that require 2 or more rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Ottawa, ONT
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed for for 3 nights while in Lake Placid to ski. This motel was very clean, comfortable and warm. No complaints. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to crash at the end of a day on the slopes and a few cocktails.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We stayed over MLK weekend in January 2011. The kitchenette room was beautiful, recently redone, and had a big screen so that we could watch the jets playoff game. What more is there to ask? We had brought wine and found the owners gladly supplying us with a corkscrew and wine glasses. An excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We go to Lake Placid every year, sometimes multiple times a year and have stayed at so many of the different hotels, motels and Inns and since having kids this place has to be our favorite and we have already booked our room for this summer! Last year we had a 1year old and a 3 year old and wanted a place walking distance to town with a pool. We didn't expect Lake Placid to be so cold and rainy in July so we didn't get to get in the pool but my girls still enjoyed putting their hands in it and looking at it. The room was extremely clean and I think the room had been updated within a few years. The owners were super nice and even though we had a room close to the street it was pretty quiet. Being across from the ice cream place didn't hurt at all. We loved how big the room was as it accommodated the pack 'n' play as well as the inflatable toddler bed my older one insisted we bring. Looking forward to staying there again this year and hopefully the weather will be warmer so we can enjoy the pools (there is a kiddie pool too) and if it's not we will have to hit the game room!

I really can't find any negatives with this place, hence the title, they are not the cheapest but they are no where near pricey. I keep trying to think about something they could improve and the only thing I can think about was that it would be nice to have a swing set on the property but really there is a great playground on Mirror Lake and I'm sure there are others nearby so this really shouldn't effect staying there!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family