“perfect in every way!”

and 1 more site!
Town House Lodge
Ranked #2 of 14 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We go to Lake Placid every year, sometimes multiple times a year and have stayed at so many of the different hotels, motels and Inns and since having kids this place has to be our favorite and we have already booked our room for this summer! Last year we had a 1year old and a 3 year old and wanted a place walking distance to town with a pool. We didn't expect Lake Placid to be so cold and rainy in July so we didn't get to get in the pool but my girls still enjoyed putting their hands in it and looking at it. The room was extremely clean and I think the room had been updated within a few years. The owners were super nice and even though we had a room close to the street it was pretty quiet. Being across from the ice cream place didn't hurt at all. We loved how big the room was as it accommodated the pack 'n' play as well as the inflatable toddler bed my older one insisted we bring. Looking forward to staying there again this year and hopefully the weather will be warmer so we can enjoy the pools (there is a kiddie pool too) and if it's not we will have to hit the game room!

I really can't find any negatives with this place, hence the title, they are not the cheapest but they are no where near pricey. I keep trying to think about something they could improve and the only thing I can think about was that it would be nice to have a swing set on the property but really there is a great playground on Mirror Lake and I'm sure there are others nearby so this really shouldn't effect staying there!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 September 2009

The first time I stayed here, I thought it was perfect for my requirements, so on my second time to Lake Placid I decided to not waste my time researching other accommodations. The rooms are recently renovated (at least the ones I've been in, on the right side of the parking lot), super clean and done up in great log furniture.

As a previous reviewer wrote, yes, indeed the bathroom heater *is* in fact, the bomb, and the room heating units are also modern and not too noisy compared to some clunkers we've experienced.

The owner/host (assuming) was very helpful and friendly, informing us of a fabulous happy hour deal down the street, and thoughtfully leaving a stack of old terry cloth towels on the seat of our motorcycle in the AM to wipe down the condensation after a night of freezing temperatures.

I've been here twice and will happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2009

This was my first time to Lake Placid... I was very happy with our choice of lodging.
When we got to the Motel, the 'owner' (I'm guessing) offered us an upgraded room for a small price difference. He happily showed us both rooms, and surprisingly, we took the original one.....it had everything we needed and was very cozy.

The bathroom was nice, all tiled, although the shower was very small (not good for two). The water took a long time to heat up, but the heater in the bathroom was the BOMB!

The good thing was that the room heated up quickly (it was very cold that trip)
The bad thing was also that the room heated up quickly...... :) (we were sweating at night, even with the heater on lowest)

The bed was uber-comfy (down duvet and big pillows) and I thought the decor was cute... really added to my Adirondack experience....

We were in Lake Placid for ice climbing and this Motel was everything we needed it to be, I would definitely recommend this hotel for the couple or group out to see the beauty Lake Placid has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chevy22
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Nice VERY clean recently renovated room, comfortable beds, beautiful location! They have pool, but it was quite refreshing at the end of August.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lada_the_dog
Reviewed 19 March 2008

We stayed at the Town House for one night while visiting Lake Placid. We booked a room with two doubles for $98.00. Although not very impressive from the outside (more of a motel), I was pleasantly surprised by how nice our room was. The room had been recently renovated and had a sink, microwave and fridge. The room itself was very spacious and impeccably clean (a must for me!) I would recommend the Town House for families traveling on a budget (although there is no pool). Overall, a very nice place to stay in Lake Placid.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank H203
Reviewed 24 July 2007

Great location, rooms spacious and clean, reasonable rates. Very close to town and if you are in town for the IRONMAN, perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jml1952
Reviewed 7 October 2006

We wanted a place that was comfortable, clean, reasonably priced and perhaps with a ltitle of the Adirondack feel to it. After much web research, we found photos of the Towne House Lodge on their website, and combined with the review here, decided it would suit us --and suit us it did!
We were very pleased with our room. Although not super large, it was newly renovated including new carpets,and had a nice feel to it with a rustic theme. They even had a small refrigerator. The bathroom vanity was a little small with two people trying to get ready around each other, but we found that to be the case in many of the places we stayed while on a 10-day tour through N.Y.
We were close to town, but out of the main traffic and congestion. You could walk into town easily, but we drove, since it was pretty chilly that weekend & we had rain one day.
When we travel, we're looking for a clean place to rest our heads. We don't spend a lot of time in our rooms, and therefore don't require over-the-top extras. This was in the middle price range of lower to moderately-priced accommodations.
We would definitely stay here again if we get to Lake Placid.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank wendella247247