“Very good breakfast”

Ranked #34 of 105 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Traditional breakfast fare with a hearty Adirondack twist!
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Had breakfast here with a large group (7). The wait staff was very nice and kept my coffee cup full, which I always appreciate. The prices were reasonable, the food was very good, and even with a large group our food came out promptly.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Fries overdone, mac and cheese was swimming in oil, burgers were from frozen patties, apathetic staff and way over priced. If we had checked Trip Advisor first we would have passed this one by.

3  Thank nekjohn
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My brother and I went here for breakfast the morning we left Lake Placid. It was a great choice it had an extensive menu. More than just you breakfast fare. I was impressed wit h the sausage and gravy I ordered. I was expecting a traditional ground sausage in a white milk based sauce and heavy but I like that. WOW was I really surprised, what got was a extremely high grade and flavorful brown sauce reduction like gravy that was clearly NOT fresh out of the steam table. The layers of flavor were amazing. Hands down the best I have ever had, sorry to all the places that just use the McCormick's add milk and mix concoctions I am in love with this place and you pale in comparison now. The eggs were done just as asked. The plate is also dressed nicely with a few pieces of fresh fruit. My brother got just what he wanted which was peanut butter toast and the bread was a very nice thick type and a side a bacon. The only disappointment was I got an order of breakfast potatoes on the side and they were very very scant portion wise. The service staff was excellent and very accommodating. I would decidedly go back. The decore is very in keeping with the Adirondacks and they murals and such add to the experience. Kids would love it and it would be a great place to have a group photo as the setting is so appealing. For the town that it is in, Lake Placid is as pricey as it is scenic, the value was very good. Our combined check for 2 eggs, sausage gravy over biscuits, home fries, bacon, toast, juice was $21 with tip.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The wings at this place are fantastic. We also had the burger which was tasty. Rustic atmosphere and friendly service made for an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

The atmosphere is the only thing going for the Cabin Grill. Food was not cooked properly, and chef argued that is was. Under cooked is under cooked. The atmosphere was welcoming and the wait staff was pleasant, but unfortunately table of 5 won't be returning.