All reviewsstarbucks coffeefront deskin townnice lobbywould stay here againthe main stripbuffet breakfastvery nice hotelfire pitspacious roompool and hot tubhockey tournamentking bedwhiteface mountainolympic centergreat roomshops and restaurants
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Extremely disappointed in the staff/manager on the night we stayed. We (my husband, two kids, and myself) were asked to leave the pool area by security at 9:20 because it was "adult time" at the pool. There was also another family in the pool at this time- that were "kicked-out" at the same time. There was a sign on the pool door that stated no kids after 9:00- but neither family saw it previously. No one else was in the pool and we checked later and there was still no one in the pool. Manager was extremely rude when questioned.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Amy47322
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Our room was spacious, immaculate, and comfortably furnished. ALthough the hotel is a little bit out of town, it was very easy to get into town to the restaurants and shops, and well worth the few minutes. The breakfasts and pub food in the evenings were fine. If you want a view, this is not the hotel for you. But if you want very nice, and very clean, stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gunvor
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I really wanted to "love" this hotel but I just cant. At first glimpse it is really a lovely property and seems clean and well cared for but we just had some bumps along the way to include billing issues - we were accidentally charged $700.00 over the cost of our stay, heating issue - the heater clanged and banged all night long, dining issue - breakfast was TERRIBLE - and finally service issues with housekeepers barking "when are you leaving so I can get into your room and clean", servers never showing up at dining tables and front desk agents who assure you there wont be a billing problem and you end up being double charged. Families with kids should now that the pool is only 3 ft 8 inches deep at the deepest point as many kids like a "deep end" in a pool and in this case there isnt one. The pool is also rather small and was often over crowded. Every time we went to the pool we had to hunt someone down and ask for towels.
The hotel is just a bit outside of town - maybe a mile or two. The trolley service is not very frequent so plan on driving (and trying to figure out parking) when you go to the village.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank FinnVT
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Very nice hotel, very clean and we had a wonderful stay. I caanoot wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

As soon as I checked in I could tell something was wrong. There was a very pleasant woman at the front desk and the Assistant Manager. Since she was busy helping someone else, he curtly checked us in but had an unpleasant tone to his voice. Other times during the weekend, his demeanor with other guests was unpleasant and bordered on sarcastic. There were some familes staying there that had young children (I think they were in a local hockey tournament), who I thought were pretty well behaved but the management apparently did not. On several occasions during the weekend, kids were "scolded" by the manager or another hotel employee with a "Security" tee-shirt. Another time I heard a kid get yelled at to "get off this floor, you're on the next one down, and don't come up here again" by the management! I don't know what the problem was, but they weren't bothering us!
Location = fine
Room = fine
Amenities = fine
Family friendly = only if you don't bring any children with you

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family