All reviewsstarbucks coffeefront deskin townnice lobbywould stay here againthe main stripbuffet breakfastvery nice hotelfire pitspacious roompool and hot tubhockey tournamentking bedwhiteface mountainolympic centergreat roomshops and restaurants
Reviewed 24 August 2011

What a great hotel! From check-in to check-out we had a fantastic experience. The rooms and common areas were clean and well maintained. Every single staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. We had a room with a breakfast package. Well worth it- lots of choice.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UltimateGirl
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I were visiting the Lake Placid area and needed a place to stay that was close to everything and yet affordable since we were only staying one night. We tried out the Courtyard and I've got to say, it suited our needs. It was close to everything, rooms were comfortable, breakfast was good, price was right and, although it was booked, didn't hear any noise, etc. the entire time we were there. If you want a place on the lake, this hotel wouldn't be for you but, if you need a nice, clean hotel that close enough to Placid (about 1 mile tops) definitely give this place a try! Also, the front desk staff were very accomodating.

1  Thank sthomas0616
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I have been a Marriott card member for years. I made my reservation on Marriott.com at least one month before my stay, in highlighting my desire to be on the upper floor with a view.

We arrived around 5:00 PM when most of the customers were not yet arrived. Our room was just on the second floor (on 4) and was dark and blind : the roof of the entrance of the hotel , just at a few inches from our window , was totally masquing it. I asked for another room , the reception lady was ready to accomodate but the manager on duty refused, when the parking still was desert, explaining to me that the hotel was full and that I did not have to complain because around 15 other rooms also had a view masqued by a roof ! Which was even not correct I guess.

I finally have obtained to change for the next night (with a repacking) and got a decent room. Even if the Courtyard has no real view comparing to the other Lake Placid hotels, at least we got some day light .

Arrogance , fake explanation and non respect of the frequent customers. My next visit to Lake Placid (this winter) will be in another hotel.

4  Thank HenriNewYork
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is a modern, new hotel with tasteful decor. The rooms are adequately sized and have all of the necessary amenities. The rooms do not have DVDs and they are not available from the front desk. (My children were not happy about that.) The bathroom was average sized with quality toiletries, fluffly towels, and plenty of hot water. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable.

I heard some hallway noise during the night- doors slamming and people conversing. The sound proofing could be better.

It would be a long walk to downtown from this hotel. I prefer a more central location. But overall, this hotel was near-perfect. I gave it 4 start rather than 5 due to the location and high price. It is a nice hotel, but I don't think it was worth the $250 Saturday rate.

2  Thank luvtravel2
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This Marriott did not disappoint - we stayed in a suite which was clean, quiet and had everything we needed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple