“Wonderful Place”

Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Wonderful place, a little far from town. Lovely large room, great staff, very clean. Great beds, slept like a rock.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid

Reviewed 11 June 2010

I had real doubts about booking this hotel for our New York State trip. I have always avoided Courtyard Hotels as have never had a good experience in one and I am a Marriott Platinum member. This hotel has changed all that. We had 2 nights booked here, added a third night then left as per our original plan but missed the hotel and the area so much we changed our plans and came back for 4 more nights. The hotel is new and modern, it is on the outskirts of town but you probably have a car, if not there is a Lake Placid free bus. The ambience in the hotel is great, the bar offers pub snacks which are great if you have been out all day. The staff are all totally wonderful, they all work as a team and really do their utmost to improve your stay. There are great views, restaurants, walks - masses to do in the area - just find what works for you. Book a KIng suite and give yourself extra room. The Adironacks are wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smt_RT
Reviewed 11 June 2010

First off, driving up to the hotel, you can see it is relatively new and it blends well with its location. Service at the front desk was quick and very friendly. My wife and I have a very active almost 4-yr-old boy. A hotel with a pool is a must for us now. He loved the pool here and used it each morning and evening during our 3-day long weekend stay. There were generaly other kids around which made it more fun for him too. Our room was a king suite with fireplace. There was plenty of space, two flat screen tvs, in-room microwave, sink, fridge. Everything was spotless. We ate breakfast at the hotel two mornings. The food was fresh and the staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The only negative was the in-unit a/c was pretty noisy and distracting as it cut in and out. Other than that, this was one of our best hotel stays as family and we do a fair bit of travel. If you are active family travellers, this is a great place. Looking for a bit of peace and quiet away from kids ? You won't find that here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank familyexplore
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend, booked through priceline to save money. Great hotel overall. The room was beautifully clean, bathroom was huge. All the rooms have a refridgerator and mine had a microwave as well. Through priceline you get whatever room they have, and we were assigned a room with 2 queen beds, and what a night sleep. I never sleep outside my own bed, and I slept like a baby. The pool looks like a serene location and it is not. Don't get me wrong, the pool is nice, and the whirpools are very relaxing. The pictures out there look like it is a quiet place and it is not, kids are there at all hours. Don't expect quiet and you won't be disappointed. Had breakfast buffet in the hotel as well, which was delicious.

There are delicious restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, and they do have a trolley stop although it doesn't come by very often.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I worked at a few Courtyards on and off for a few years. This hotel is by far one of the most interesting hotel's I have ever stayed at. I grew up in the country and love the country living and this is just a great country atmosphere. They created the look around the Adirondack Mountain's and it fits perfectly right down to the fireplace.

The staff was friendly and courteous and had recommendations on where to go for different outings. I would recommend anyone who wants a nice country setting in a fantastic town to give this hotel a try.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank LeisureFun73
Reviewed 18 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Lake Placid while celebrating our anniversary in September 2008 and we loved it here. Our room was clean and more modern then most Courtyard's we've stayed at in other cities. I really loved our bathroom too. It was just a great room! We didn't mind the location being a short drive from town (under 5 minutes). The hotel is very new and kept well. We enjoyed a few drinks at the bar on the night that we stayed there and it was a fun atmosphere. Breakfast was included in our stay and it was very clean with a good menu. This is a great place to stay in Lake Placid!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OceanWonders
Reviewed 12 March 2010

This hotel is extremely unfriendly to hockey families attending tournaments at Lake Placid. At 10pm it sounds like lockdown in a prison with the security guards stomping down the hallways with radio communication chatter. When I criticized the security guard, he said, "get back in your room (prison cell, hahahaha) and stop irritating me!"

2  Thank Emzon