“Hidden Jewel in Lake Placid!”
Review of Strada 86 - CLOSED

Strada 86
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Hidden Jewel in Lake Placid!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I chanced upon this jewel while seeking to avoid the rain. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. I had a lovely bottle of Vranac from Montenegro. Although I was not especially hungry, I sampled the chicken Caesar salad wrap. I was stunned that a dish so mundane could be rendered so deliciously. I do try to watch my waist, but the french fries were irresistible. I thought if the chef could do that with a wrap, how would his other dishes impress? That evening, I returned for the special, salmon cooked perfectly with a sauce that embraced the delicacy of the fish. Disappointed with some of the other local dining establishments, I returned yet again. The chicken picatta was delicious to the last morsel. The Tiramisu was enchanting, I have never had it prepared with so much flavor but so light! This will remain a favorite restaurant in my travels. It makes Lake Placid a destination worthy of return.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lexux D

“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wandered by and noticed the "specials" board. Portebella Mushroom and Roasted Red Pepper with a Gorgonzola Balsamic Glaze. It was to die for. Robust flavor but light -- not some over-powered cheese thing. Then the entree: Haddock in a Putanesca Sauce. The Haddock was so fresh and the Putanesca was the best I have ever had. Evidently, the chef's roots are Montenegro where perfection is the rule, not the exception. I'm in Lake Placid for a month and this is going to be my go to place. Don't miss it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mary Ann S
Elma, New York
“awesome food”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

this place has the best italian food. and the portions are huge.it is next to the lake placid summit hotel

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sharon W
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This restaurant is right across the street from the High Peaks resort and while, it is modestly decorated, it served up one of my best meals ever! We arrived late in the evening of the Iron man completion and although the staff worked hard all day, they still provided a fabulous meal for my family. Chicken Francese, Veal Marsala and lobster Ravioli all perfectly prepared. Really, the food is fabulous!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank sue L
“The best place in Lake Placid”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you come to Lake Placid don't forget to visit this amazing restaurant. The food is really delicious, especially veal! It is such a great place, where I reccomend to come and celebrate some special events ;) the price is also fine, and I am sure you will
definitely enjoy your meal from the best chefs at Lake Placid. P.S I have been in all restaurants at Lake Placid, but this new place "Strada86" left the best impression!

• Visited July 2014