Every new year we try to find a new and fun place on the East Coast to go to for New Years. Originally we planned on the Golden Arrow in Lake Placid, but after reading some of the reviews, both bad and good, we switched to the Paradox and were glad we did.
The Paradox is about a 7min walk from Main St in Lake Placid, but it's far enough that you don't get all the noise of the crowds walking back and forth. The room was large, very cozy, and the first smell you get entering the room was of fresh cedar. The bathroom was great with a nice large shower and a jacuzzi tub. It was a room you can really relax in after a day of skiing or hiking. With no kids in sight this place is perfect for people who want to get away from the noise of larger hotels on Main St.
All the furniture is hand made by Red, which brings a nice sense of home to the room.
In the morning you get a complimentary home cooked hearty breakfast, which was just the right size, plus all the coffee and fresh squeezed juice you can drink. The food was great, and I really enjoyed the potatoes. Additionally, those working there were incredibly knowledgeable of where to go hiking, rent equipment from, and pretty much everything else available in Lake Placid.
We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradox Lodge and Cedar Lodge guest rooms all have private bath and rates include a full breakfast that is cooked to order. The Cedar Lodge rooms all have king amenities with the Pisgah and Jenkins rooms having gas fireplaces and decks. All guests have access to the lake front and free boats. Breakfast is served in the dining room in the main lodge (Paradox). We also have a full bar and guests can relax in the living room in front of the fireplace. Our restaurant now serves private dinner parties and special events with advance notice and a minimum of six guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Paradox Lodge & Cedar Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradox Lodge And Cedar Lodge
- Paradox Lodge & Cedar Hotel Lake Placid