“It's Sushi”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saranac Lake, New York
“It's Sushi”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

It's not the best sushi I've ever had, but when I get the craving it meets the need. Place is small and comfortable. Service is a bit indifferent, but fortunately for me, I go there alone but with a book. Sake selection is pretty good if you are into it.

Visited August 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Wanted to like this place more...”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We came here craving and sushi and because of generally enthusiastic reviews on this site. Unfortunately, while it was OK and not bad, it just didn't measure up to our usual neighborhood Japanese places in NYC. The room is small and sort of drab; I wish a bit more thought would have been put into decor. The menu of special rolls is extensive and this is where they excel; we enjoyed the 2 special rolls we ordered. But the standard rolls like spicy salmon or tuna were dinky - only 6 small pieces and the fish just wasn't that fresh. We had to order more mid-way through our meal, as did the diners next to us. So this is one in Lake Placid we won't be returning to - this is a town with a lot of restaurants! Oh well.

• Visited August 2012
Carleton Place
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The last review we read gave this restaurant only 1 star which caused us some trepidation. But we're sushi lovers and there were many other rave reviews. We were not disappointed. The sushi was extremely fresh and tasty, some of the best I've had in quite some time, and the service excellent. It wasn't super cheap, but we're not right next to the ocean in Lake Placid and it was in line with other restaurants in the area. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Robin A
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Are You Kidding me?”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Went to Aki Sushi as a result of all the glowing reviews here. I don't know what you all are smoking? We have eaten Sushi in Tokyo, Vancouver and many other large US and Canadian cities. I was not expecting miracles but this place has the worst sushi I have ever tasted. It was barely edible. Just looking at the plate put in front of us and I knew we were in trouble. Nothing was fresh, actually it was totally tasteless and bland. The Tune was off and should not have been served. The Tempura was a pile of greasy tasteless vegetables, that I wouldn't feed to my pet. We should have walked out, instead we grinned(not) and beared it. The service was not glowing either, the waitress was careless and mixed up up a couple of orders that we had written out and and blamed us for the errors. needles to say it was the worst sushi (if you can call it that) experience of our lives

• Visited July 2012
Cranford, New Jersey
“Sushi in the Adirondacks - it's TRUE”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Small establishment on lower Main Street. A real find. Friendly owner. Try their specialty rolls, fun names and great food including the Spider Roll, and the Rainbow Roll. For a small place it's got chops. Enjoyable.

Visited March 2012