Best Western Adirondack Inn
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$148
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$376
Official Hotel
  • Pool
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$373
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$143
Hotels.com
US$110
US$99
QualityInn
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$187
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$112
Courtyard
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$107
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsolympic centergreat locationmirror lakemain streetsausage pattiesping pong tablein townthe breakfast areaolympic hockeyice rinkscontinental breakfastpool and jacuzziwithin walking distanceshops and restaurantsbed was comfortableyogurtgreat place to stay
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Close to the village. Fine accommodations to see the area. There can great hills to be negotiated in this town. Everything within walking distance with minimal terrain challenges. The morning complimentary breakfast helps get you ready. I have stayed there twice and will return again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Wonderful experience staying here for 3 nights, excellent location across the Olympic center and Mirror Lake. Very clean, homely stuff, awesome breakfast, well maintained swimming pool and Jacuzzi, overall very satisfied for choosing this hotel for a family vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Booked a room for 2 nights in winter. The room they gave us was in one of the side annex's and was moldy and cold. My son has asthma and had trouble breathing in the room. Long story short - We checked out after 1 night - even though the hotel was only about half-full the manager charged us a $65 cancellation fee for the night we left. Hotel is anitiquated, pool is outdated. There are 3-4 hotels within 200 yards that are in much better shape and only cost about $10/night more. For shame Best Western

Room Tip: go anywhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank commonsense2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The food for breakfast was awesome. The check in/check out clerks friendly. The cleaning staff was great and accommodating when asked for more towels and tp. The lady in the breakfast area was very friendly and attentative to everyone. The place is a great place to stay, its unfortunate that our room had a huge draft under the door that made our room feel cooler than it should have been, even with the heat turned up high. I have stayed here before, but in the summer. I will and want to stay there again. It's convenient when attending events at the hockey arena.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at this property a few weeks ago as part of a pre-arranged hockey tournament. As soon as you enter there is a very disgusting smell that only gets worse in the guest rooms. The hotel is full of mold. After 3 nights every item left in the hotel came home saturated with mold. I had to throw out anything disposable and wash clothes with hot water and vinegar. Even so, I could not remove the mold from most items. The mold was so bad that we opened the sliding doors to the below-zero weather as soon as we arrived. I am asthmatic and allergic to mold and ended up paying for another room at the Crowne Plaza- well worth the cost to my health and clothing - while the rest of the group and my family stayed put and toughed it out. In addition the bathrooms were less than clean. The family in the room next to me noticed rolled up small spit-balls stuck on every surfaces of the tub area - indicating that the bathroom had not been cleaned. The staff can best be described as surly and unapproachable. Only Jason at the front desk and the elderly lady in th breakfast room are cordial. We were refused a measly 60 minute late checkout so that we did not have to load cars at 7am in sub-zero weather before our last hockey game. The only positives about the hotel (really a converted motel since some rooms open to the parking lot) are the breakfast and the location if you are there to play hockey. The rink is immediately across the street. In sum, I would avoid this hotel at all costs. You cannot go wrong by selecting any other property in Lake Placid. I will add a caveat that I am an environmental professional and I know mold when I see it. If you call the hotel to inquirer they are going to feign ignorance as the did when I called to ask about the reviews noted mold in the rooms. Keep reading on trip advisor and you will uncover additional reviews about the mold contamination. In my opinion, the Dept. of Health should shut this hotel down - that is how bad it is.

Room Tip: If you must stay here be wary of rooms that open to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends