“Great Visit”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Lake Placid
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel is perfectly located avoiding any parking hassles in the village of Lake Placid. The hotel staff is friendly and very helpful. A great place to stay. Excellent breakfast at the Generations restaurant. Terrific omelet folr $9.00.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Winston H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Golden Arrow. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s great to hear that you appreciated our wonderful location and helpful staff. I look forward to your return to the resort in the future.

Thank you again for your review. I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again!

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Let me preface by saying the room was superb, the view was spectacular and the staff was very polite and gracious. My wife and I even ate at the the hotel's restaurant, which by the way was very good, yet there is a but in the title. I had injured myself about a week prior to our trip and had difficultly walking, I checked in and they gave me a parking pass and direction were to park. We parked and meandered toward the door with luggage and the works in tow, to find out there were only stairs to go up or down (depending on room location), we with the grace of god were going down. This was no small task for me being hobbled and all, we did get to the room and called the front desk, whom informed us we could certainly move our car to the front, slight hesitation, if you can find a spot. We could not find a spot. When we left the next day, I dragged the luggage to the front desk to check out, took the elevator, but there were still some stairs to go up. My wife brought the car around to the front, she did not injury herself, So if you has some sort of injury or disability make plans in advance and keep this in mind when checking in find a spot up front ASAP, there are few available. But overall I really did enjoy the room and staff.

1  Thank MRWHITE10
GenerationsLP, Director of Maketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear jymme,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the Golden Arrow. I’m very glad you enjoyed your guest room, spectacular view, and our polite staff. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when trying to find your room from one of our parking garages. I understand that the setup of the hotel can be confusing at times because the hotel underwent many additions over the years.

I’d like to think that if you had mentioned that you were having trouble walking that a member of our staff would have told you about a better option of parking, either in the top lot or near a door with an elevator. If you did mention it to them, though, and they still sent you where they did then I must again deeply apologize. I did print this out for our front desk manager and she is going over it with our front desk staff to ensure that situations like yours will be handled differently in the future.

Thank you again for your review, I wish you a speedy recovery from your injury! I look forward to seeing you when you stay with us again.

My Best,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Wow, what a place. We only stayed one night this week but will be back for a longer stay. We stayed in the Haystack on the 5th floor. The room had a jacuzzi tub, fireplace, lanai overlooking Mirror Lake, and the bed was perfect. The snow Sunday night was the cherry on the sundae, what a perfect winter wonderland.

The only glitch was waiting for the room. We were told 4pm checkin, which is extremely late for any property. We waited around until almost 5pm to get the room. The GM should really prioritize having the rooms ready by 3pm. For the price, we'd like to have every minute we pay for.

Room Tip: Choose the Haystack on the 5th Floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dcjw700
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear dcjw700,

Thank you for your review of the Golden Arrow. I’m very glad you enjoyed your Haystack Specialty Room. It is one of my favorites, definitely the perfect room for a snowy retreat.

I apologize that your room was not ready for you on time. Although it is true that on Sundays we normally have a complete turnover of the hotel from the busy weekend, there is no appropriate excuse for you not being able to check in until 5pm. I have alerted my head of housekeeping about this situation and she is looking into ways to make sure that this doesn't happen anymore.

It’s great to hear that you will be back! We look forward to having you again, until then I wish you the safest and happiest of travels.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have been staying at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort for years and years. It's a family tradition that every year on the day after Thanksgiving we make the trek from wherever we are in the country to Lake Placid, NY to kick off our holiday season. Golden Arrow is always very warm and welcoming. The decor is a little dated but perhaps that's because I always stay on their pet-friendly floor with my dog. (Yes! They are super pet-friendly!) My room is always clean and views of Mirror Lake are fantastic! Centrally located, we walk to all the fun shops, restaurants, and bars nearby. Their indoor pool is open year-round but I always seem to forget my bathing suit. My favorite part of the whole hotel is the big stone fireplace in the lobby. Lots of quality time spent with my family, sipping hot chocolate by that warm fireplace with great views of the lake.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are amazing. Don't be afraid to bring your dog!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear jk0842,
Thank you for your review of the Golden Arrow! I love that you’ve incorporated us into one of your family’s traditions; what a great way to start off the holiday season. We are a family owned business so seeing families enjoy themselves at the resort is one of my favorite things.

I’m very glad you enjoy our lake views, clean rooms, central location, and large lobby with our stone fireplace. We are always updating our rooms, last year we brought in the first of the third Generation Holderied family member to work at the resort full time. Her title is Director of Beautification, and she has been going through every room and making updates. I’m sure you will notice the improvements year after year.

Thank you again for your great review. We look forward to having you again in a couple weeks! Safe travels, see you soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stay at The Golden Arrow every year in June to celebrate my birthday. We usually get a room on the lake with a fireplace. The beach is of white sand and has breathtaking views of the mountains. We look forward to this trip every year. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are immaculate.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear adkhiker14,

Thank you very much for your review of the Golden Arrow and for your continued loyalty. The “friendly” staff of the Golden Arrow are honored that you choose to spend your birthday with us every year. It makes all of the heard work worth it!

Our white sand beach is not only beautiful, but it is an example of one of our green practices. It helps counteract the effects of acid rain and keeps Mirror Lake clean! I’m very glad you enjoy it as well as the beautiful mountain views and guest rooms.

We will see you in June, if not sooner! Happy travels until then.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Wery nice hotel with nice rooms overlooking the lake. The restaurant was very nice - but not fancy at all. Prices at the restaurant was very good and not at the level one would expect at previous Olympic ski resort. Staff was fiendly - but not as friendly as the Mainers.

Room Tip: I do think all of the rooms i located with view of the lake - very very good indeed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear JorgenG2900,

Thank you very much for your review of the Golden Arrow. I’m glad you enjoyed your room overlooking the lake and our restaurant, Generations. I hope you will stay with us for a second time if you ever find yourself in Lake Placid again.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

it is with-in walking distace of many good resturantes and attacunes.Theplace it self is very nice and is worth the price also you get a full beakfast.The only brawback was that alot was closed due to seanal matanance.I would go in sept at the latest.

Room Tip: i would go for a lakeside room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Verizon,

Thank you for your review of the Golden Arrow. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. During this time of year the middle of the week is slow for the resort. We take advantage of this by getting maintenance projects done. The fact that we are slow is reflected in our pricing, you definitely get the most bang for your buck in late fall, early winter. The last week in September is VERY beautiful here, that’s usually when the fall foliage is at its peak, and I would definitely recommend visiting at that time.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for your review.