We have stayed @ the Golden Arrow many times always very good to excellent. We normally stay in Room ABC and I did ask for it again this time. Unfortunately that room was not ready by 3:45 so we got GHI. If we did not have a favorite room! this room would have been fine ...the bathroom was a bit small but otherwise all was good. In fact a staff member was walking by our room in the morning checking the grounds, he greeted us & realized we had a "strobe" light in our room. He immediately stepped away called someone to fix it came back & told us to expect a knock! We told him we were leaving in a few moments just sitting to enjoy the view 1 last time ...this visit! He said it will be fixed immediately & he was right we literally left our room & ran into the gentlemen who was coming to change the bulb. (I had left the light on so that someone would notice it after we left not expecting it to happen almost before we left!!) That is the kind of service to expect here. We were only able to spend 1 night ...we just got back yesterday and I'm ready to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid