We just stayed at the Golden arrow in lake placid on Oct 8, 2008. Our room was in the hay stack. Great location and super clerk that checked us in.
My disappointment came when I got into the room with a sticky and dirty bathroom floor. The new style vessel type sink was gross. the plumbers putty was left around the drain and was discolored. It was gross.
Long black hair on the towel by the whirlpool tub. The tub itself was dirty with the last guests hair and dirt stuck on the side of the tub. I cleaned it off with a face cloth. I guess I was supposed to bring my cleaning supplies.
The refrigerator was not wiped out from the last people.
The sheets were just ok. nothing outstanding. I did notice the bottom sheet was on inside out. On the positive side, our king bed was very comfortable.
Just outside our room by the hall light, there was a medium size spider and cob webs. extremely noticeable. He was still hanging in there when we left.
It is unfortunate to have such a great room, but so many details missed. Normally, I would never make a negative comment.
But I feel the fairly high rate for this room should have had some attention to cleaning and someone supervising the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid