“Great location in downtown Lake Placid”

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
GreenLeadersGold level
Lorain, Ohio
“Great location in downtown Lake Placid”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Got a lakeside view room which was great. Like sitting out there since it was nice and peaceful. Probably would not have felt that way on the village side so I think the extra amount was well worth it. Bed was comfortable (plenty of pillows) and shower was great too. (Hot water as soon as you turned it on.) All the shops and restaurants in walking distance. Parking garage was a little difficult with the support columns. The one thing I wish was in the room was a microwave. Check in was a little slow as I think he was somewhat new. I also requested an upper floor but only got one on the second floor.

Green Features: Like the green roof they have. They have a bag in your room for the recyclables
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear RamblingJoe51,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Golden Arrow. I’m very glad you were able to enjoy the peacefulness of your lakeside room. You will be happy to know that in the very near future all of our rooms will have microwaves! We have always had them in our suites and specialty rooms, but are now working on getting them in all of the deluxe rooms as well.

I hope to see you again next time you are in Lake Placid. I wish you happy and safe travels until then.

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Hebrew first
Potsdam, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Slept soundly; the staff was friendly and helpful; I appreciate the "green." Thanks for letting me park in your lot even after I checked out and until the end of the conference. I slept well, but because conference, I wasn't able to use the spa or dinning room.

Room Tip: The village-side rooms are less expensive, and I found a quick way to enter and exit the building.
Green Features: Thoughts: it's exactly the right thing to do. And I enjoyed the manager's remarks at the conference (especially about the Boy Scout).
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Thacher,

Thank you for your great review! I am glad you were comfortable here at the Golden Arrow. It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoy our green features. I also enjoy Jenn’s Boy Scout CFL light bulb story. We still purchase CFL’s from the Boy Scouts when they are selling them.

I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Lake Placid.

Thank you!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We decided to stay here for the weekend. I ended up finding this hotel through a living social deal but, by the time my group decided on the dates, the deal expired. Fortunately, one of the front desk agents( I forget his name), honored the living social rate and that's how the trip started!
The rooms were perfect: clean, spacious with a fantastic balcony view of the lake. On top of that, they had complimentary boats that we could use on the lake. The front desk staff were cordial and helped us pick a good breakfast spot as well as good hiking trails. In addition all of this, what I admired was the self-sufficiency of the hotel: They had a tiny garden that grew things like basil and other herbs for the restaurant; they have solar panels for electricity. Keep up the good work!

I recommend Golden Arrow to anyone who plans on visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Efernan9,

I’m so glad that you were able to stay with us. Thank you very much for all of your kind compliments, hearing that your room was perfect is music to my ears! We work very hard to run our business as sustainably as possible, so I really appreciate you pointing some of our green practices in your review.

Thank you for your recommendation, I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The view outside our room was picture perfect and the staff very friendly. It was everything and more than I had imagined it to be. They also have paddle boats at Mirror lake which we(family) could use. The room was amazing. Coming from Manhattan, it was great to see so many parking spots. Whenever I visit Lake Placid again, this is the only place I will go to!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brinsley2014
Dear Brinsley2014,

Thank you for staying with us; it’s wonderful that you will be back next time you’re in Lake Placid! I’m very glad you enjoyed the view, paddle boats, and free parking.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at the Golden Arrow. I hope to meet you next time you stay with us.

albany, ny
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We go to Lake Placid a few times a year...it's one of our favorite places. This was our first stay at the Golden Arrow...and I can assure it will not be our last. Our room overlooked the lake and it was very well appointed. We were a bit worried that it would be loud because it was close to the lobby, but we never heard a thing! The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I think the best thing was the hotels location. It's right in the middle of everything. We walked to all the best restaurants, bars and shops. I can't wait for our next weekend getaway at the Golden Arrow!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear midget13,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Golden Arrow for your most recent trip to Lake Placid. I’m happy that you were satisfied with our location, friendly and accommodating staff, and well-appointed rooms.

It’s great to hear that you will be back for another weekend getaway. We look forward to having you again! I wish you safe and happy travels until we meet again.

Highland, New York, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The Golden Arrow sits in an ideal location right in the middle of Lake Placid, with Mirror Lake at their back door and the main strip through town at their front. This hotel is great, the staff is courteous, the service was fantastic and the attached restaurant, Generations, is outstanding. All in all our stay here was enjoyable. The only downside that we came across was check in is a bit late (4pm) and the pool was closed. The hotel was able to negotiate terms with the hotel across the way to allow it's patrons to enjoy their pool. Our room was clean and the view of the lake was amazing. We would definitely stay at the Golden Arrow the next time my wife and I decide to visit Lake Placid.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tim T,

Thank you very much for reviewing your experience at the Golden Arrow. I am glad you had an
enjoyable stay! Next time you stay with us I’m sure the pool will be open; we only completely close it once a year for a complete draining and cleaning. It's wonderful that you found our staff courteous, your room clean and enjoyed the beautiful view.

Thank you for ALL of your kind comments, we look forward to having you and your wife next time you’re in Lake Placid.

New Hartford, NY
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My boyfriend and I have the tradition of going to Lake Placid every year at the beginning of June to celebrate my birthday-and we always stay at the Golden Arrow! The room was gorgeous-a beautiful hot tub adjacent to the bed/a fireplace and a room overlooking Mirror Lake. The pool was out of commission, but we had the option of using a pool at a nearby hotel. The location is smack in the middle of town, it is near shopping and restaurants. A nearby hike was only a short drive away. The lake was perfect-paddleboards, kayaks and canoes at the beach. Weather was perfect and the mountains majestic as ever! We highly recommend this place for family, romance or business. If you want the most romantic room ever-Stay in the Haystack Rm. 246.

Green Features: Go Green-The Golden Arrow does! All paper recycled, A Green roof with herbs and flowers growning/solar heating in some areas of hotel. Very eco-friendly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adkhiker14
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear adkhiker14,

Happy birthday; It’s great that we can be a part of your birthday tradition! It seems like you totally take advantage of everything the Golden Arrow and Lake Placid in general has to offer. The Haystack room is one of my favorite rooms, perfect choice for a romantic getaway.

Thank you so very much for your recommendation and wonderful review. We are unbelievably happy to have guests like that you that continue to return year after year. Have a great summer!

My best,