The resort is located at the end of the Main Street which is nice and easy to walk to the shops/restaurants. The location on the lake is beautiful especially with the white limestone sand. (we did notice some other resorts had to be bused to a beach so the beach right at the resort was convenient.) There are floating docks right there too. The ability to use the row boats, canoes, kayaks and paddleboards was extra nice (we saw ads at shops on the Main Street that advertised rental of paddleboards for 1/2 day and whole day so to have it right at the resort was great). We used the row boat one night to listen to an outdoor music concert at the bandshell which made for a nice experience. The pool area looked nice (we didn't use it) and the fitness room was impressive (we didn't use either). Staff at the resort was friendly. Even if you saw cleaning staff in the hallway they would say good morning/good day. Front desk made a telephone call for me to check on hours of business at an establishment and that was helpful. We didn't eat in the restaurant but heard good things about it. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice balcony that had some teak wood on it for a nice feel beneath your feet. All in all a nice stay and we would definitely consider staying here again as it did have everything that we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid