My husband and I decided to take a weekend trip away from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives on Long Island. We decided to take a nice long drive upstate to Lake Placid. A place neither of us have been to so we were kind of "winging it". I did some research on a place to stay. My criteria was a romantic room with a spectacular view, king sized bed, (he's tall) a whirlpool bath, a fireplace and a balcony! The Golden Arrow in Lake Placid offered all of that so we booked a two night stay. I also got the "romantic package" for an extra $100 which included our choice of wine, wine glasses to keep, a wine opener to keep, a coupon for two coffees at their coffee shop, room service for breakfast, an in-room movie and a pass for two for a wine tasting at their store in the cute mall they have attached to the hotel. It was a fantastic value. We were so happy with the place. The town is wonderful, the room was superb, the staff was fantastic...I could go on and on! The Can-Am hockey tournament was going on so they warned us in advance that was happening but assured us that they are not staying in any room above the 2nd floor. We stayed in a lovely room (520) Honestly we were delighted to see all the kids so involved in good clean fun! They were so well behaved and never once disturbed our romantic getaway! Thank you Golden Arrow for making our much needed weekend a special one. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid