In late Aug. 2010, my wife and I returned to the Golden Arrow Resort. We had decided to revisit the Golden Arrow as we were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversery and as part of our original wedding trip we had stayed at the hotel in Aug. 1965. What a wonderful stay we had ---- possibly even better than our first stay. As always the views of the lake are best from the Golden Arrow and no one could expect any thing better from the staff. We felt that every staff member was trying to make our stay a perfect one. The employees at the reception desk were great with their welcome and in answering every question we had. We made use of their knowledge of the area and of the many fine eateries in the Lake Placid area. Much has changed at the Golden Arrow during the last 45 years and all of those changes have made it better. Our room was a delux room with a king bed on the 3rd floor with a lake view ------it was perfect. We had a great view of the lake, Whiteface Mtn and many other wonderful views including a full moon lighting Mirror Lake and the mountains. Another noteable change is the room price: 45 years ago we recall paying about $25 per night ---- which seemed like a hugh amount to two 22 year olds just out of college. We plan to return soon as we think another 45 years won't work well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid