We just returned home from a 4 day 3 night stay in lake Placid at the Golden Arrow. The rooms we spotless the ground floor rooms with direct acess to the beach and dock along with boats available at no charge was in its self priceless. Larger size fridge, soft fluffy towel. We parked and only drove to Whiteface and Santa's Workshop. The staff was very smiley and helpful. Even talked us into Santa's workshop after we were told it was a waste of money... NOT.. Perfect for my 6 and 3 yr olds. My children were greeted with smiles even when they were "loud" Toys in the grand lobby for the children. We never felt unsafe or unwelcomed for spending our $$'s there. We have found what we think will be our yearly week long adirondack vaction spot. For its lodging and activities. We can not wait to go again. As to how great it was... We asked our 6yr old were she would rather go next year to disney again or the golden arrow...... Answer, GOlden Arrow. Thank you for helping us create very special memories as well as a very happy birthday for myself while we were there.
Two great eateries....
The Boat House a bit pricey, but oh so good.
The Cottage, delcious food and really inexpensive prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The Only thing we Overlook is the Lake.” Surrender yourself to the untouched beauty of the Adirondack Mountains at the first resort in the United States to receive the Audubon’s Society highest Platinum Eco Rating for Hotels. It’s a place to renew yourself on the serene shores of Mirror Lake, and a place to thrill yourself, just moments from the famed Olympic Village at the heart of Lake Placid, New York. We are proud to offer Deluxe Accommodations as well as over 20 different kinds of suites and specialty rooms. All of our rooms are 100% smoke free, our lake front rooms above ground level have private balconies, and the ground level rooms have large glass doors leading out to a patio. Don’t forget your pup because we are a Pet Friendly resort. The Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, steam bath, two whirlpool hot tubs, and sauna. There is also a private white sand beach that is the perfect place to take in a magnificent panorama of the Adirondack Mountains. In the summer there are complimentary kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats available, we also have an authentic Italian Gondola that can be taken out for a minimal charge. In the winter you can ski, skate, and even take a dog sled ride on Mirror Lake right out our back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Hotel Lake Placid
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside
- Golden Arrow Lake Placid