“Average stay”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
“Average stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This place is nothing to get excited about. It's pretty outdated and could use a reno. The free breakfast should not be called a breakfast. There were 3 english muffins and some coffee when we got there in the morning.
It was reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Upstate New York
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Clean and comfortable. A little too far from downtown. Need to drive or take free trolley. Fair continental breakfast included. Just check your invoice when you check out. They tacked on a daily "Safe/Ltd Warranty" charge even though I did not request or use the safe. They did reverse it when I questioned it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank eastlandingdweller
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We booked this hotel through www.lakeplacid.com to stay at during the Lake Placid Ice Dancing Championships.

We booked a regular room with 2 Queen Sized Beds. When we checked in to the hotel, it was pouring rain. I was assigned the room and unloaded our luggage. The room was a non-smoking room, but it smelled as if someone had dumped an entire bottle of cleaner in the room to mask something else.

We went to the front desk to notify them. They stated that they had no other rooms at the Econo Lodge, but would put us at the hotel that was across the street (the Carriage House Motor Lodge). We were invited to look at the room, which we did. The room was much nicer than the Econo Lodge room and we agreed to stay there.

Because the 2 hotels are separate entities, we had to check out of one and check into the other. We were then informed that the room that we just looked at was not available for the entire time of our stay, but we could stay in another room there. We finally took that room and loaded all of our luggage back in the car to take it across the street to the Carriage House. (All of this, again, in the rain).

The desk clerk volunteered that she would get us a break on the room and come back later. We also needed to come back to provide our credit card for the new room. Amazingly, they were going to pre-authorize the cost of the entire stay on the room so I did not provide the card until they resolve whether we would get a break on the room and how much.

The first time I came back to ask about the break, the desk clerk said she had not talked to the manager about it.

The second time I came back, I spoke with the manager who wanted to know in detail what the problems were with the room and then said that he would have to talk to the desk clerk and asked me to come back that night.

The third time I came back, I asked the desk clerk whether the manager had spoken with her and he had not.

The fourth time I came back, the desk clerk told me that the manager had still not talked to her about it and then she called the manager on the telephone. (What a unique concept...calling to check with the manager over the telephone). She then informed me that they were reducing the entire stay of 5 days by $30.

Overall, the Carriage House is clean and updated; however, the staff is beyond disorganized.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This motel is relatively inexpensive compared to other hotels in Lake Placid. You do get what you pay for; the room is very basic. It is also very clean! The breakfast is also very basic, just cold items served in a conference room. We had no issues with the motel and the owner was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Feb.2011: snow bulited-up to a dangerous level on the roof of the hotel, gave way and landed on my car which was parked in front of my hotel unit. As can be seen in the photo, my windshield was destroyed and the hood of my car was caved in from the weight of the snow. I was stuck at the hotel for a couple of days. The manager claimed not to have any insurance for this type of accident as it was an act of God. He refused to pay for any of my costs even though if proper building maintenance had been done to clean the dangerous snow level off of the roof, I wouldn't have to be writing this today.

Definitely a place where customer service and safety are not a priority. To avoid, especially in winter !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mariejo500

Travellers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The Econo Lodge, while not as fancy or picturesque as some of the places in Lake Placid, was everything we needed for our stay. It's about a mile from the center of town. The room was neat if a little used, and the view wasn't much to speak of, but it was very easy to get around and an excellent value considering the location. Also, they have a GORGEOUS indoor pool and Jacuzzi, our favorite part of the hotel. The continental breakfast wasn't much to speak of, but they did have coffee. Overall an EXCELLENT experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We stayed at the Econo Lodge for the Lake Placid marathon. All we needed was a place to lay our head, we got more. The hotel is clean, maybe a little beat up, but clean. The front desk is tiny, friendly and helpful. The hotel is a 5 minute drive to main street in downtown Lake Placid. The bonus we found was the indoor pool and hot tub. What a bonus?!!? The pool is nice and clean and the jacuzzi was perfect for a pre marathon soak. I can see where this would be valuable if you were skiing or hiking all day.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple