“Great location and good room”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Walkable distance to the center. Also a trolley stops right in front of the hotel. Reception was good and helpful. Good room with balcony with chairs. Clean and quiet room and good beds. Breakfast was good although the breakfast area needs improvement: too small and too warm.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michieltravel

Reviewed 1 July 2014

After spending a night in a truly dismal Econo Lodge property in Albany, I braced myself for motel hell. My fears were unwarranted though, and I was actually very pleasantly surprised.

The room was a little rustic (a polite way of saying outdated) but clean, and nicely appointed with comfortable beds, a fridge, work desk, and wifi. There are lawn chairs outside the room which are accessible through sliding doors. I enjoyed sitting outside at sunset.

After a day of hiking the Adirondacks, the indoor pool and Jacuzzi really hit the spot. The location is about a mile east of town, and close to area recreation.

There's a continental breakfast downstairs in a conference style room. The highlight of the breakfast assortment was a flapjack machine that looked like an invention from The Jetsons...cool!

The only sour note was the sneaky "safe and warranty" charge that appeared on the closing bill. (I had no use for the room safe). The charge was only $1.50 plus tax, but I didn't appreciate the slight-of-hand bill padding. The desk clerk removed the charge without protest.

Overall though, I enjoyed my stay, and would recommend this location for a pleasant stay in the gorgeous Lake Placid area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This old fashioned motel is nothing to look at, but the rooms are huge, they have all the amenities (including a 'fridge) they are spotlessly clean, and the service is great! What more can you ask for? Its the perfect place to stay before and after hiking the adirondack peaks

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ellynvb
Barb W, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Carriage House Motor Inn
Lake Placid
(518) 523-2817 Ext: 300

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had planned on staying by myself and not bringing my family the night before the Lake Placid Marathon, but ended up bringing my wife and two kids, 6 and 9. The kids loved the dolphin- shaped pool. The room, while not newly decorated, wasn't bad. Location was good, close enough to everything we wanted to do. Nothing fancy but fine--and inexpensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dakaran
Barb W, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Been there with my boyfriend a couple of years ago. The only purpouse of the trip was to visit White Face Mtn. This Hotel has a good fare and its ok for people who travel through or want to stay for a few days.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielotta
Barb W, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is an average hotel. There's nothing fancy about it but here's what I really like:

It is reliable. I stay here usually at least once a month. When I arrive here I know what I'm getting. It might not be the cleanest place in town but it is comfortable and there has not been anything that has disgusted me yet. It is a budget hotel. If you go in with that expectation you will not be disappointed.

The staff are friendly and courteous. The breakfast is free and efficient. The pool is cool. I appreciate the fact that they are a national chain for which you can earn reward points.

All in all I think this is one of the best values in town.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior hallway room - less noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 March 2014

last minute booking with very helpful front desk attendant, Zachariah. great location, hassle free stay. amenities... good roomy room, excellent bed, free internet, clean pool and whirlpool area. continental breakfast enough to get you going... oatmeal, baby! definitely, i recommend. definitely, i would book again.

Room Tip: solid constuction, probably all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kathy k
Barb W, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Kathy,

I was so delighted that blind faith brought you to the Econo Lodge and that you enjoyed your stay.

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Econo Lodge of Lake Placid, NY