“The Carriage House at Econo Lodge - A Delightful Surprise”

Econo Lodge Lake Placid
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Searsport, on the beautiful coast of Maine.
“The Carriage House at Econo Lodge - A Delightful Surprise”
Reviewed 19 June 2005

Finding a motel that would accept my small dog and diabetic cat wasn't easy. But the folks at the Econo Lodge in Lake Placid welcomed us. They told us we would be in the "older" section - the Carriage House. Our expectations weren't high but what a surprise. Our room (with 2 queen-sized beds) was huge, clean, comfortable and just plain charming. The room was in the old style of knotty pine walls, funky furnishings and lamps - but 2 very comfortable beds!! The front desk people were totally helpful and courteous. This is probably one of the best bargains I have ever stayed in and I would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank clorelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Searsport
Reviewed 19 June 2005

I spent 2 nights in the Carriage House, the older part of Econo Lodge in Lake Placid and I loved it! The room was very spacious, actually downright huge! For two people traveling, each with a pet, this was great! My queen bed was very comfortable, better than any motel I've stayed in so far. The room had the classic knotty pine lodge look, with very basic furnishings, but I liked the retro look of the place. The folks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We visited John Brown's Farm, based on a recommendation by the front desk, and it was lovely. It is nice to find a bargain that doesn't mean you have to expect less than cleanliness and comfort. The room and bath were very clean and tidy. If you need a "pet friendly" place I'd strongly recommend staying here. I'd stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank soozie
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 4 March 2005

I stayed at the Econo Lodge Lake Placid on 3/2/05. Upon arriving at midnight, the pleasant front desk clerk had our keys waiting for us and took the time to orient us to the town and surrounding mountains. Our room/bathroom was exceptionally clean. This hotel is about 3 minutes away from downtown Lake Placid, and about 10 minutes from Whiteface. A good bargain for our short stay.

4 Thank Sunday-traveler
Gulpen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 October 2004

One of the cheapest alternatives in Lake Placid. Rooms are clean and have good beds. The first room we got had the toilet running. The employee at the desk was very friendly and gave us a different and better room. The water in the swimming pool looked a bit unhealthy.

3 Thank Elmer&Lizette
Reviewed 17 October 2004

Well, talk about a lousy start.

First off, two different desk clerks on two different days could not tell us how to get there from I87. When we called, one simply told us "I don't know." The other gave us the wrong exit. The desk folk were pretty consistantly bored and uninterested. Surprised me for a resort town, Econolodge or not.

The rooms are standard motel fare. For $100 a night, I didn't expect much, but I thought it would be a little better than this. Its nice that they have an indoor pool, I have to say.

The muffins and coffee and whatever in the lobby for breakfast are predictably a joke, but that's usual. I guess we felt like, if you're going to charge more than your average Econolodge, you should be a little better than your average Econolodge.

I know its an Econolodge, I get that. But I mean, c'mon. its Lake Placid ... shouldn't you at least be nice and be able to explain how to get there?

3 Thank AdkNorth

Travellers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2003

After climbing Mount Marcy, I stayed in Lake Placid for the night and left the next morning. I stayed at an Econo Lodge, which was very affordable and clean. Strolled through town the next morning and had breakfast at a restaurant overlooking the lake. Absolutely gorgeous. I also visited John Brown's farm, which was quite interesting. The guide there was very friendly and informed. It's a beautiful little town with a lot of hoity toity stores (maybe too many). My only complaint was with the mountain trails. If you're planning on climbing Marcy, or any of the other high peaks, bring your own guidebooks, because there just wasn't enough information at the parking lot.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member