“BED BUG!!!”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Montreal, Canada
“BED BUG!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our family rented a room on Saturday August 9th (room 304 attached to the front desk area). We entered our room and the musty smell was overwhelming, the disgusting carpet and dirty coverlets was not a great first impression...but other hotels were Full as the Lacrosse Tournament and Hockey Jrs were in town. We said ok well a very steep price for such a dump...but not big deal. We crossed the street and bought Febreeze...At bedtime, I put my son into bed and turned the duvet over and there it was...a bed bug...Ran for my Iphone and took a photo. My husband took it to the front desk guy and he told us ''we spray''...and he gave us a refund. We packed all our belongings and returned home at midnight...The next day we spent our time washing our clothes in boiling water, vacuuming luggage and simply exausted and tremendously disapointed as we had planned to to tubing the next day at Ausable Chasms. Family weekend ended abruptly!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sof295
lakeplacidci, Manager at Quality Inn Lake Placid, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
I'm almost at a loss for words. If you take a look at the picture you posted, you would plainly see that it is not a bed bug. Neither our hotel, nor any hotel in Lake Placid have ever had any bed bug issues that I know of. As for the hotel being a dump, roughly 65% of our guests are returning guests. We take pride in our property, and do our best to satisfy every guest we have stay with us. I am very sorry that you were not satisfied, but we would like to have you back to experience our property again. We defifnitely do not have groups like hockey and lacrosse in our hotel all the times.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is dated and in a slightly inconvenient location to the village (if you get beautiful weather you could arguably be in walking distance) but my room was not dirty. This is a pet friendly hotel, and we stayed in a pet friendly room even though we did not have a pet with us. There might have been a little more wear than normal on the room but it was situated on water which was nice. I would recommend taking a walk over to Saranac Sourdough's Deli across the street because we thought the owners were very nice, laid back, and made great food. Having stayed in other Comfort Inn locations I would say this was a typical experience - not great rooms but not dirty rooms.

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms are also on the water!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Freehold, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I thought we were lucky to get this room for a three night stay for IRONMAN weekend. I would have rather stayed in my car. Gross, dirty carpet and dirty coverlet on the beds. The room smelled like dirty wet dog and the door was rusted out at the bottom and breaking apart. We had traveled 6 hours in a car and I needed to use the restroom the moment we opened the door, the toilet backed up with the first flush. The front desk did send the handman to fix that right away. I was happy that The Rite Aide was across the street, I went and bought Lysol and Febreze and sprayed the heck out of everything.
I will say that the location is good and the Sourdough Deli across the street was great.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again, for the price I would perfer a camp ground.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JEB425

Travellers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

Little Current, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for several nights. The room was somewhat dated, but comfortable and clean. This is a 2 star hotel and I am rating it as such. There was a nice continental breakfast provided each day. The hotel is within walking distance of the down town core, a pharmacy and a grocery store, so really good location. Free wifi and a fridge in the room. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ManitoulinTwo
Fairport, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Lake Placid Comfort Inn for three nights in July and had a very pleasant experience. The amenities at this hotel are great, especially for families. The pool area was very nice--it was clean and our kids really enjoyed it. We also really enjoyed using the hotel's canoes and paddling around the lake. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and comparable to other similar hotels. The beds were extremely comfortable. The location was good--not in the middle of town, but not far from things either. We would definitely stay here again and might bring our dog next time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa V
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Ok. Rooms were dated and we skipped breakfast the second morning as it was quite bad, but the rooms were big and spacious as well as very clean.

The location was very good, meters from the main street and from a supermarket.

And considering the price of other hotels in Lake Placid it was quite a bargain.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We pulled in in on 5 July stayed 2 nights. From the booking to leaving it was a great experience. The staffers on the front desk recommended the poolside rooms which for us was opportune as we came via motorcycle, the hottub was near at hand :o) It is a short walk to town and the plaza.I would like to thank Patrick Butler for the intro to area and places to go. The maintenance staff who rescued the two young women by getting back in their rooms after they were locked out and to Ester who tended to our room. When we go back this fall I hope to stay (which btw I recommend) the second floor facing the lake. Check out the pictures on their facebook wedsite. Steve, Sheila

Room Tip: They have rooms that face the lake as well they have lodges facing the lake.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends