“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Elma, New York
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Traveling to Lake Placid for the first time I didn't want to stay in one of the very expensive hotels. I found the Comfort Inn on line and booked it at a very reasonable rate. From check in to check out the staff was excellent. The free breakfast was very good and well staffed. The view of the mountains was just a plus for us.Free use of their boats and close to main street also was a plus.Next time I'm headed for Lake placid I'll book the Comfort Inn and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
lakeplacidci, Manager at Quality Inn Lake Placid, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
I'm so glad you evjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Toronto
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Came hear after too much rain and cold made camping less bearable. Turned out to be awesome! Nice indoor pool/hot tub set up and you get free canoes and pedal boats on Lake Placid. You're also across the street from two of Lake Placid's best restaurants Freestyle and Pan Dolce. One negative is there's no swimming area so if you're coming for a longer stay, I'd recommend one of the nearby hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in building A either poolside (if you want easy access to the outdoor pool) or lakesi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I'm glad we could rescue you from the rainy camping weather. We look forward to having you here again in the future.
Amherst, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We traveled to Lake Placid this year for the Iron Man competition and felt fairly safe booking a room at the Comfort Inn in town. Much to our dismay- the hotel was a dive! The carpet was old and worn looking and the room emitted a nasty smell of old socks and/or body odor. To make matters worse- I noticed the lock to the adjoining room was broken- providing full access to our room from our neighbors. The hotel did fix this upon our request but there was nothing they could do about the smell other than spray room freshener.. This hotel desperately needs a make over and for the horrendous price they charged for this 3-day stay, I hope they put that money to good use.

Room Tip: Skip this one.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have gotten great reviews from our Ironman guests. We hope you give us another try in the future, regardless of the time of the year.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our family rented a room on Saturday August 9th (room 304 attached to the front desk area). We entered our room and the musty smell was overwhelming, the disgusting carpet and dirty coverlets was not a great first impression...but other hotels were Full as the Lacrosse Tournament and Hockey Jrs were in town. We said ok well a very steep price for such a dump...but not big deal. We crossed the street and bought Febreeze...At bedtime, I put my son into bed and turned the duvet over and there it was...a bed bug...Ran for my Iphone and took a photo. My husband took it to the front desk guy and he told us ''we spray''...and he gave us a refund. We packed all our belongings and returned home at midnight...The next day we spent our time washing our clothes in boiling water, vacuuming luggage and simply exausted and tremendously disapointed as we had planned to to tubing the next day at Ausable Chasms. Family weekend ended abruptly!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sof295
lakeplacidci, Manager at Quality Inn Lake Placid, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
I'm almost at a loss for words. If you take a look at the picture you posted, you would plainly see that it is not a bed bug. Neither our hotel, nor any hotel in Lake Placid have ever had any bed bug issues that I know of. As for the hotel being a dump, roughly 65% of our guests are returning guests. We take pride in our property, and do our best to satisfy every guest we have stay with us. I am very sorry that you were not satisfied, but we would like to have you back to experience our property again. We defifnitely do not have groups like hockey and lacrosse in our hotel all the times.
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is dated and in a slightly inconvenient location to the village (if you get beautiful weather you could arguably be in walking distance) but my room was not dirty. This is a pet friendly hotel, and we stayed in a pet friendly room even though we did not have a pet with us. There might have been a little more wear than normal on the room but it was situated on water which was nice. I would recommend taking a walk over to Saranac Sourdough's Deli across the street because we thought the owners were very nice, laid back, and made great food. Having stayed in other Comfort Inn locations I would say this was a typical experience - not great rooms but not dirty rooms.

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms are also on the water!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I thought we were lucky to get this room for a three night stay for IRONMAN weekend. I would have rather stayed in my car. Gross, dirty carpet and dirty coverlet on the beds. The room smelled like dirty wet dog and the door was rusted out at the bottom and breaking apart. We had traveled 6 hours in a car and I needed to use the restroom the moment we opened the door, the toilet backed up with the first flush. The front desk did send the handman to fix that right away. I was happy that The Rite Aide was across the street, I went and bought Lysol and Febreze and sprayed the heck out of everything.
I will say that the location is good and the Sourdough Deli across the street was great.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again, for the price I would perfer a camp ground.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JEB425
Little Current, Ontario
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for several nights. The room was somewhat dated, but comfortable and clean. This is a 2 star hotel and I am rating it as such. There was a nice continental breakfast provided each day. The hotel is within walking distance of the down town core, a pharmacy and a grocery store, so really good location. Free wifi and a fridge in the room. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple