Initially planned on staying Friday 2.25 and Saturday night 2.26 (Empire State Games). Arrived a day early (actually at 1:00 am on the 25th) due to storm. Charged full same room rate, with no discount.....room was empty anyway right!, but ok. Hotel staff generally "cold" and impersonal, which I noted on several other reviews. Continental breakfast looks ok, but stick to the "pre-packaged" items or cereal. Muffins and Donuts were stale, banana's were green/unripened, hard boiled eggs rubbery and nasty. Not much of an added benefit (so maybe a cheaper hotel w/out breakfast would be better). Maintenance really lacking. Faulty hairdryer in room darn near shorted out/sparks etc, so obviously this appliance is not routinely checked. Refrigerator was apparently set on some kind of auto defrost cycle (something maintenance found on back of refrig) which defrosted/did not keep my newly purchased food fresh. No attempts to shovel/sand or plow. While the weather was tough and lots of snow, they really didn't even try to keep up. I had to use my own shovel, to clear walkway and lot near my car. Cars were getting stuck and sliding......yes the weather was bad and not their fault, but they didn't even try. Certainly could have shoveled the walks in front of rooms....that didn't happen till the 3rd day on check out. Calls to front desk, after hairdryer incident went unanswered for over 40 rings, forcing me to walk with wet hair, through snow (not shoveled) to front office.
Seems as if they don't care....once you arrive, you are kind of stuck as most other places booked due to various events. Room was typical standard room and generally clean.....nothing special. If not assigned a room in main building, you must drive up to pool.laundry.breakfast...too steep to walk on snow covered roads and stairs. Generally would opt to choose elsewhere, next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unbeatable destination for skiing adventures, golf getaways, Olympic experiences and other outdoor pursuits, Comfort Inn on Lake Placid offers affordable and comfortable lodgings on the shores of Lake Placid in the heart of the Adirondack Park. Just minutes from the world-famous ski destination, Whiteface Mountain, this hotel is ideal for families, groups and even solo adventurers.The Comfort Inn on Lake Placid features deluxe full hot breakfast served daily, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a year-round indoor heated pool and hot tub. For groups and meetings, our hotel also boasts versatile meeting/banquet space for up to 350 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Comfort Inn Lake Placid Ny
- Lake Placid Comfort Inn