On and off for the past 20 years, I have visited Lake Placid. Having grown up a figure skater, I traveled for competitions each winter.
Over the course of the past five years, my husband and I have taken our kids (a total of three now) to the Mirror Lake Inn between Christmas and New Year's.
The staff at the MLI are wonderful; the rooms are beautiful, and what you would expect from a four diamond resort. I have stayed in a Marcy Room, Clousdplitter room and a small suite. All are comfortable. In the winter time, the Inn is decorated beautifully for Christmas and the lobby areas are cozy with burning fires, warm blankets, fresh-baked cookies, and a cabinet full of games to play. (Bring your own games, too as they are popular).
Grab MLI's cookies and tea in the afternoon!
Dinner at The View is well-prepared; cater to children, even on high holiday season. Definitely have the granola with yogurt in the morning. It's delicious.
Purchase lift tickets at the services desk to avoid waiting in line at Whiteface.
Bring a sled to sled down the hill at the golf course on the way home from a day skiing Whiteface.
Pool is small but very nice. Jacuzzi is well-maintained.
The spa is a sanctuary and provide quality services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort