This is a well run, friendly small hotel. The View & Bistro Restaurants are excellent. The View is pricey but elegant. We were not as thrilled with the other hotel's restaurant which was across the street - The Cottage. On the weekends there is a buffet breakfast which is good but I would recommend walking into town and trying one of the restaurants there (there's a really nice crepe place) for breakfast for a more reasonable price.. There are boats on the lake that you can use for free as well as a small beach. The lobby area is interesting and lovely and the grounds are well-kept. The spa was very nice and very professional but the service costs were also on the high side. The gym was more than satisfactory and the pool area was nicely done. We didn't come across any employee who wasn't great and professional. We really liked our room and were impressed by not only the lovely view but by some of the amenities and the soft robe. The hotel is very close to the town but not right in the middle, which is good. The town is a nice one to walk through and there are many decent restaurants. We would definitely recommend this hotel. It doesn't come cheap but the service is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelClick, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort