My family and I spent a week at the Mirror Lake Inn and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The Inn has beautiful views of the lake and mountains and the the entire property has a relaxed, upscale atmosphere. My mother did not participate in adventure activities, but ended up meeting a number of very nice people just hanging around the Inn. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel includes a gratuity charge which is nice, so you don't have to worry about tipping along the way. There are adirondak chairs placed all over the property and I think I sat in them all!! My favorite was down on the dock near the beach area. There is a lot to do so make sure you check with the front desk for a list of the week's activities. We participated in the sunset hike and canoe trip. Both were enjoyable. The hotel has a beach area and provides free use of kayaks. Taking a kayak out on the lake was a lot of fun. The town is lovely and we enjoyed dinner at Jimmy's Italian Restaurant where we sat outside. We rented bikes and road around the lake and did a day trip to Falls River Gorge. All were fun and worth our time. I plan on coming back to the Mirror Lake Inn again. It is a wonderful piece of heaven on earth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort