My husband and I stayed here during the IronMan as a special treat. We booked this hotel thinking it was the nicest in the area but for the money, I think I would rather spend a few hundred more per night and stay at the Lake Placid Lodge. With all the awards and hype about this hotel on Trip Advisor, I did not expect to have a super loud wall unit air conditioner (found in most motels) that was so loud it gave me a headache every night. I called the front desk & told them about it (about 2 days into our stay). They apologized right away and said they would send someone up as we left to head out. They sent someone out but nothing changed. No one followed up with me to ask if the situation had improved or anything. I did not want to complain during our trip and ask for some kind of rebate. I would expect something to come from the hotel. I figured, I would wait until our trip was done and see if they really cared. The answer is no, so here is my review on the negative side as a result. As someone who loves luxury and pampering, this is not the best in the area. I would have felt better spending more at the Lake Placid Lodge or getting a nice budget deal in a very clean and spacious room at Art Devlin's. Yes Art Devlin's motor lodge had more accommodating staff that Mirror Lake Inn. No wonder it is rated high on Trip-Advisor.
Also, if you stay here for IronMan you are so far away from the start that it's annoying. When I called to book our stay the reservationist said that the start was right outside their door, not so. Its about 2 miles away. You can see the swim from their beach in the distance but it is no way close. If you are not staying during IronMan the location is a good thing since it is out of the hustle & bustle of main street so you get that quiet calm feeling when you head up to your room (very steep drive to walk up).
We stayed in the Cloudsplitter room - 3rd floor. The room was good sized, clean & had a fantastic view of mirror lake and the surrounding mountains but that is about all that was special about this room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Resort