MLI is no doubt in a beautiful setting, their lake access is great, availability of kayaks/boats to take out plentiful, but....we paid over $400 a night to stay in a room that was dark, dank and in need of an overhaul. Definitely not worth the price. I was a bit surprised that they've managed to remain part of the Small Luxury Hotel Network.
Room Access, at least where we were staying (Mountain View house?) was difficult, you needed to climb a set of stairs before you could take an elevator to the second where we were staying. There were no bell hops to help upon checkin. The property is just awkward, almost as if they've expanded without much thought to access.
We did like/appreciate now cell phones allowed in the public areas of the property. We were traveling with our 3/12 and 6 1/2 year old. The property has activities available for them, but at an extra cost. Also, WIFI is $14 a day - crazy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelClick, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort