We stayed for a weekend for our 47th anniversary and were treated like royalty. First they upgraded our room (it was possible because they weren't at full capacity for our stay), then they sent a bottle of great champagne on ice to our room, our view was unobstructed of Mirror Lake. The first night we were there we ate in The View (their dining room) and I had the most delicious filet mignon I've ever tasted (my husband really liked his short ribs too). Their onion bread was wonderful too. I wasn't feeling well on the second evening and the chef made me (it wasn't one of the soups listed) a vegetable soup and sent it to our room with some of the onion bread I liked so much. What service!! Plus, daily at 3:30pm they serve tea and cookies in the front sitting rooms near the main lobby and you can relax in the library/game room or in a little cubby off to the side. When we left they gave us cookies to take with us for the road. The wkend was superb. Certainly not cheap but superb......... We had no complaints what-so-ever. Thanks to the entire staff. (side note....... the owner's son Andrew "Wild Horse" was a medal winner at this winter's Olympics in Soshi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinguishing feature of this inn, which has been in business since 1924, is that all 131 rooms have a view of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirror Lake Hotel Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort And Spa
- Mirror Lake Resort