“Delightful Resort Overlooking The Town and Lake.”

Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Concord, New Hampshire
“Delightful Resort Overlooking The Town and Lake.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

For nearly 15 years we have stayed at this hotel and feel it is a home away from home. Our room was clean and pleasant, great view from the balcony and food was good. We have found the staff to be friendly and the environment very pleasant. Love the Great Room as always. I recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway or a chance to recharge your energy or for a business meeting destination.

Room Tip: 3rd floor with balcony-- the best.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
JesseQuonce, Media Director at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you very much for your continued patronage! We are pleased to hear such terrific compliments. In the future, I hope we can continue to provide the high level of service and satisfaction you’ve experienced these past fifteen years. Thank you again from everyone at the Crowne Plaza Lake Placid.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Would not reccomend staying here. Very expensive for just a room. Pool was ok, hot tub was not worth chanhing into a suit for. Service was terrible - staff was not helpful, nor outgoing. Room was clean and the view was magnifficent. many other nice hotels with great views to chose from. Suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
JesseQuonce, Media Director at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for your honest review of your stay this September. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. I hope you will consider us again when in Lake Placid. Thank you again.
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Eleven of us (variety of ages) went to Lake Placid and had three rooms at the Crowne. We all agreed we'd stay here again. The rooms were clean and very nice looking. They had a little fridge which is always helpful. I would stay here for the view alone. Make sure you get a lakeview. I would have been happy simply sitting on the balcony all day. The lounges/lobbies are all beautiful too. The pool/hot tub were great. The hotel is right on the main street, so you can simply walk to most things. I suggest grabbing lunch and bringing it back and eating it on your balcony or at one of the tables out front. The breakfast buffet was fair. That would be my only complaint. Great value for such a gorgeous place. Would post pix, but it's not working.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeview. We were on floor 3.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the complimentary review. I am glad your group enjoyed their stay in our beautiful Lakeview Rooms. We appreciate the kind words about our rooms, views, balconies, and location. We very much look forward to hosting your group again. Thank you for writing!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We recently visited the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club in Lake Placid. Overall, we thought the hotel was very good - walking distance to town, lovely view, clean, nice breakfast buffet, indoor pool, and lake access (via shuttle). Most staff we dealt with were very nice, however Isaiah's consistently rude treatment will forever taint my (and my family's) opinion of the hotel. Sorry, too many other choices to come back to your hotel where we don't feel welcome...

Room Tip: Ask for room with lake view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for writing about your recent stay, and pointing out some of the finer points of our hotel. I am sorry you had a bad experience with one of our staff. Providing a positive experience for our guests is our goal, but we do appreciate feedback when we hit bumps in the road. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again in the future. Thank you for the honest feedback.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

My wife and I decided we needed a getaway for a couple of days and we had not been to Lake Placid for quite a few years! My wife Karen discovered your amazing golf package on line and we readily booked it. this whole experience was truly amazing! Upon arrival the friendly and courteous front desk staff set the mood for the rest of the visit! First of all we had stayed in the Holiday Inn before and the transformation was breathtaking. We stayed in the back part of the hotel and the balcony view was spectalular, the room was comfortable, modern and far exceeded our expectations for the the price That was just the beginning. We had dinner in the great room, Mary Quinn and her staff especially Ali and bartender Phil are some of your greatest assets, they truly made us hate to leave and eagerly look forward to returning soon. We played the mountain course for golf it was changelling yet fun and the golf package was a phenomenal deal! I could go on but this was truly an experience we will remember for ever Thank you,

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
JesseQuonce, Media Director at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Thank you for choosing a play and stay golf package for your last-minute getaway. I love your choice of adjectives: amazing, courteous, breathtaking, spectacular, phenomenal; I couldn’t have described our hill-top location better myself! Your compliments of our staff are greatly appreciated, and I will be sure they are shared with management. We are grateful for your return to us, thanks for keeping us in mind. I hope you can stay with us again soon.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Checked in close to 5pm and my pregnant fiancé noticed several clumps of hair in the washroom floor (yes clumps). We then passed by the front desk prior to dinner at 6:40pm and informed the front desk clerk (who seemed annoyed) but did say someone would be right up to clean it. Returned from dinner and these same clumps were still there. *** took several pictures w/ my blackberry and plan on emailing them to IHG this week***

Returned to see the same clerk, and explained to the gentleman I am dealing with an upset pregnant gal who expects, at the minimum, a clean bathroom, to which he rudely replied "well what do you want me to do about it?" At this point, I actually considered leaving and returning home. If am being charged over 200$ for one night, the least I could reasonably expect is a clean room without the attitude. I plainly told him to either have the room cleaned or to give us a new one (which we did). However, maybe it was his way of getting back as us, or just for his own amusement, but he gave us a room right at the end of the hall *** Good job in making an 8 month of pregnant lady walk down a long hallway at 9pm Crown Plaza***

We knew going in the Crown Plaza LP listed a 3 ½ star, but the least you’d expect is a clean room and friendly front desk.

I only have 2 regrets about this experience: 1- I didn’t book it through my company travel department because then I’d have someone to yell at and 2- I didn’t stay somewhere else. .

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank CandiacJF
JesseQuonce, Media Director at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. At the family owned and operated Crowne Plaza Resort - Lake Placid, it is our goal to provide an outstanding experience for our guests. In this case, it sounds like we did not accomplish our goal. I can assure you that these occurrences are not the norm of our hotel, and will be heavily scrutinized by management and ownership. I apologize for the troubles you experienced during your stay. Thank you for your candor.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We were looking for a modern, clean, centrally located hotel and this hotel was ideal. We had a mountain view room and were happy with not having to pay extra for a lakeview, as we didn't spend much time in the hotel room. The view of the ski jumps and the mountains was just as pretty as lakeview. The swimming pool is a great feature. Pool area is bright and clean and there wasn't an overwhelming smell of chlorine, as some other reviewers have complained. The restaurant in the Great Room has beautiful woodwork and a nice stone, wood-burning fireplace. Wait staff are friendly and provide fast service. We had two meals, a lunch and dinner, in the restaurant and both were very good and not overpriced.
The front desk staff very kindly reimbursed us for the first of our 4 reserved nights due to travel delays from Hurricane Irene. The housekeeping staff were friendly and cheerful. The room was spotless.

Room Tip: If you reserve online call to confirm accommodations.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jodirox
JesseQuonce, Media Director at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Thank you for your complimentary review. I am sorry to hear that you had to reduce the length of your stay with us, due to Hurricane Irene. However, it sounds like you had a wonderful time, and enjoyed your Mountain View room. Thank you again for the kind words, I hope you can stay with us again in the future.