Our family went skiing over Christmas at Whiteface (9 miles outside of lake Placid), and the package offered through this hotel is fantastic - I am almost hesitant to write about this deal less the secret get out.
We paid $228 a night which included the room, two adult lift tickets (retail $84/ea) and two adult buffet breakfasts.
First of all, the hotel is great. It sits atop a hill above the quaint town of Lake Placid. it has a commanding view of the town and the lake, and the main drag is a quick two minute walk down the hill. The staff for the most part were wonderful. They were all friendly, particularly in the dining area; however, the desk staff were not very flexible - but don't read too much into that - it was Christmas, and the hotel was full. The buffet breakfast was excellent. On top of the staples it included an omelette chef, fruit, real porridge, etc.
I don't know for sure, but I suspect this is the premium hotel of Lake Placid. Considering that, and the inclusion of breakfast and lift tickets, the price is killer. Before finding this hotel I was looking at motels without lift tickets and only a basic continental breakfast for $50~$100 less.
My one complaint is the hot tub is too small. The indoor pool is decent, I had fun in it with my wife and kids. But for a hotel which appeals to sports enthusiasts, a good sized and preferably outdoor hot tub is a great way to end the ski day. Most days we couldn't get into the hot tub because it was packed.
I hope to come back later this year and/or next year and we will definitely stay at the same hotel with the same package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of village, overlooking lake, adjacent to Olympic Center. Family owned & operated. Quality & Meetings Service Excellence award winner. Highlights: 245 guest rooms and suites, many with Jacuzzis & fireplaces, 45 holes championship golf, 6 tennis courts, indoor pool & whirlpool, fitness room, extensive meeting space, private beach with paddle & row boats at the Lake Placid Club. Restaurants: MacKenzie's, Great Room Lobby & Bar, The Lake Placid Club Golf House, (year round weddings/special events, and seasonal for lunch) and The Lake Placid Club Boathouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort And Golf Club Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Crowne Plaza