We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Crowne Plaza. The location is terrific, you can walk everywhere downtown and its a 10 minute drive to White Face Mountain. Free wifi in the rooms is great and the view of the mountains was spectacular. Check in was very quick and friendly, 2 staff greeted us and both worked hard at getting us checked in and on our way to our room. We went in the hot tub and pool both nights, very clean and not too overcrowded we really enjoyed this both evenings. We dined in the on site restaurant and enjoyed the special all you can eat pasta bar they offered for $16.95, very good value for dinner. The room is clean, spacious and comfortable. Microwave and fridge and HBO are a bonus. Lots of clean towels and our room was cleaned and perfect when we came back after skiing. We stayed on a Wednesday and Thursday night and by the time Thursday night rolled around the place started to fill up with kids from a hockey tournament, they played in the halls on the 4th level and unfortunately found a luggage rack to play on back and forth to give each other rides on it up and down the halls. Not nice. Although not the hotels fault parents don't control their kids it was a tad bit annoying. Maybe an occasional patrol by a staff member would deter this. Not sure I would venture to stay here on a weekend when a hockey tournament is going on something tells me it would be overrun with children, when I walked by the pool on Friday to check out the hot tub and pool must have had 15 kids in it. eek, we were glad we were checking out. All in all, good value, clean, comfortable, friendly staff made our stay enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of village, overlooking lake, adjacent to Olympic Center. Family owned & operated. Quality & Meetings Service Excellence award winner. Highlights: 245 guest rooms and suites, many with Jacuzzis & fireplaces, 45 holes championship golf, 6 tennis courts, indoor pool & whirlpool, fitness room, extensive meeting space, private beach with paddle & row boats at the Lake Placid Club. Restaurants: MacKenzie's, Great Room Lobby & Bar, The Lake Placid Club Golf House, (year round weddings/special events, and seasonal for lunch) and The Lake Placid Club Boathouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort And Golf Club Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Crowne Plaza