“great stay in lake placid”

Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 26 April 2014

although i selected this accommodation based on value, we were so pleased with it. it's in a great location, with great public spaces. staff was friendly; food and a bar available. i would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that our property met your standards. Our staff takes it upon themselves to make sure every guest is enjoying their stay. Thank you for choosing us for our stay and we can’t wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great property in Lake Placid, fantastic location overlooking the lake, away from the hustle of downtown, but close enough to walk to town. Free parking, free wifi, decent gym and pool, clean, neat room in good shape, good service at the front desk, and all of that at a very competitive rate. Pet friendly ($10USD fee per night quite reasonable) and good service from IHG's online crew. Definitely recommend & return.

Room Tip: Some rooms will have an inside view of the indoor pool rather than the mountains -- definitely ask f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for your loyalty with both our resort and IHG brand! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and will be returning hopefully soon! Try out summer season. The views are spectacular and there are still tons of things to do in town. Things like the Olympic bobsled and ski jumps become summerized!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza Resort twice and I would go back again! I only have good things to say. Incredible location, incredible view. It's a lovely hotel, with nice, spacious, comfortable rooms and a very clean bathroom. The breakfast is impressive. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. I would recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for choosing our resort again for your recent trip to Lake Placid, NY! We are so happy to hear that your stay was once again magnificent. Our staff prides themselves of being a part of a TorchBearer Award winning resort where number one customer service is our main goal. Thank you again for your loyalty with our resort and we can’t wait to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here two nights for work-on the first morning my new curling iron got fried (which I believe there electrical outlet did). My curling iron worked fine and then in the morning I turned it on, the lights flickered and its started smoking...that's the end of the story for my new curling iron. I spoke with the manager nicely who was EXTREMELY rude regarding the situation and did not take my complaint seriously. I was here on business and this was not a good start to my morning or my business day. This manager should have acting professionally and addressed the issue instead of shooing me away like he did. Other than that the hotel was nice but loud-my coworker had to call in a noise complaint three times and the party continued until 3 am. View is very nice and check in was good too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Lake Placid, NY. I would like to extend my apologies for the way you feel you were treated. I am sorry to hear of your experience, and understand your level of frustration given the circumstance. After hearing of this mishap we have spoken with our maintenance team and I would like to pass along the information that they had provided us with. All of our bathroom outlets are GFCI protected. This means that in case of a short circuit occurring the breaker will trip itself to ensure there will be no damage to the device. We have had our maintenance team go into the room to make sure that the outlet is properly working and it seems that it is.

Even though everything seemed to be working properly I would like to apologize for the way it was handled. We never want our guests to feel that we do not care or feel that they are being shooed away by any one of our team members. Our entire team here at the Crowne Plaza values every single one of our guests and try their best to make sure that their stays with us are amazing. Again, I apologize that this was not portrayed to you in that manner. We do hope that you are to return to Lake Placid again in the future and decide to give our team another chance to make your stay a positive memory.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never been disappointed. Great views...Location...Staff...Comfortable beds...Nice rooms...and great price! While I have been tempted to stay and or try other hotels in the area, I continuously find myself returning to this Awesome hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin T

Thank you so much for your amazing loyalty with the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club! Our staff truly loves to see reoccurring guests time and time again and seeing them enjoying themselves. As a Torchbearer Award winning resort our entire staff takes customer service to the next level. We do our very best to make sure that every one of our guests are enjoying their time with us. We look forward to seeing you back soon and we highly recommend visiting during our summer season. The views are breathtaking!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was a great weekend! We were in town to attend a college hockey tournament. This was a splurge for us and well worth it! We had a great room with a balcony, whirlpool, and fireplace. We were at the end of the hallway so it was very quiet. The staff was very friendly both mornings that we had breakfast delivered to our room, and also at the front desk. The site is beautiful, the Great Room overlooks Mirror Lake.

Room Tip: Deluxe room on an end will give you quiet too!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We are thrilled to hear that everything about your stay was great! Hopefully everything with the hockey tournament went just as great! We can’t wait to host your stay again soon!