1,467 results
All reviews adirondack wing great room hill overlooking steep hill boathouse restaurant in town boat house new wing hockey tournament breakfast buffet family suite the hotel sits private beach the main street an upgrade front desk staff olympic center
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The room was dated and run down. The bed took up most of the room. The bath room needed to be grouted. The bath tub was old. There was no outdoor pool. The way the hotel was set up it was hard to find the right elevator that would take you to your room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank truthtellerNewYork
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback since it only helps us to improve. To the concern of our rooms being dated we are constantly in the process of updating the furnishing is the guests rooms to help keep that modern Adirondack feel. I am sorry that you feel that our resort did not meet your standards. In regards to not having an outdoor pool, we offer an indoor pool. That way our guests will be able to use it all four seasons. We do have private beach access on Mirror Lake for the summer season. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Eat elsewhere and be comfortable with minimal customer service. I'll start with location it's perfect. You are on top of a hill overlooking Mirror Lake on the front and the amazing Adirondacks around back. You can walk anywhere in town in minutes. Getting back up the hill will take your breath away but it's a great workout!
The rooms could really use an update. Everything is well worn and worn out. Basically clean. We stayed in the adirondack wing overlooking the lake with a small balcony that I really enjoyed. It was a suite with two rooms. One with two full sized beds and one with a king. We had trouble with our tv the first night and the maintenance guys was quick to fix it. They provided a lot of towels which I appreciated and the toiletries were nice. The balcony could have used a good sweeping lots of spiderwebs.
Some of our experiences:
We decided to go down one evening to sit next to the fire pit on their restaurant patio over looking the lake. We grabbed a beer and sat for a few minutes with our two boys around the fire and oddly the flames were turned off. We laughed and decided to go in and have dinner. Big mistake.
We were sat at a table once the group of employees were done with their conversation. The gentleman who was waiting on us was very nice as was the restaurant manager/host but the restaurant had deep issues. The kitchen staff seemed to greatly dislike the waitstaff. Anything special you would ask for would be ignored. My kid asked for no mayo on his sandwich it was ignored and dripping off his sandwich we sent it back it took at least 20 minutes for it to return. My ranch dressing came out blue cheese. The 'grilled' chicken for my salad came out White and Ice Cold. I'm fairly positive it came out of one of those Tyson precooked bags in the freezer section of the grocery store. It was disgusting. Our meal of salad, sandwich, and hamburgers took an hour and half. It was ridiculous! The staff was having many issues, would disappear for a long time.

We also had breakfast in their breakfast room. The staff was having a blast! With each other and completely ignored us. I had to ask for water, when it was time to pay the check I had to go the host desk and ask for it.

When we had our room cleaned it was half cleaned. Not as many towels as before, the bed was half made, no tissue was replaced. It was as if they ran out of time and walked out.

When we checked out I accompanied my husband to the desk to respond to the inevitable question of "How was your stay?". Oddly we got no such questions. When we walked up there was a young women who was behind the desk and the hostess from the breakfast room. The hostess turned and looked at us, up and down, turned back to the woman behind the counter to finish her conversation. She was making the woman look through the guests names as she "wanted to see the if name of the person saying those things matched a guest". Apparently it didn't and she walked away.
The young woman asked "checking out?" Yes and I'd like to share my experience. I told her everything, she smiled, only when I complained about housekeeping did she ask what room number and wrote a note. She said it's only her second day and provided no manager. Sorry.

So as my title states Stay for the view and don't expect any service.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rudfam

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent visit with us. I would like to extend my apologizes for the way you feel you were treated by our staff. As a TorchBearer Award winning resort I can assure you that we take customer service very seriously. I understand your frustrations and will be speaking with our Food and Beverage manager about this occurrence to ensure that this gets addressed. This is not our standard practice of customer service and I’m sorry that you had to encounter such disarray. I do hope that you choose to stay with us again so we can prove that we are the right resort for your visits to Lake Placid, NY.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We booked five nights as the middle-swing of a long golf vacation in the Berkshires, the Catskills, and the Adirondacks. As it turned out, we left Lake Placid two days early and the change in our plans did not faze the front desk. They logged me out and confirmed to my email address that we were good to go early. No fuss.

When we first checked in, about three hours early, they acknowledged my Platinum membership and upgraded us to a Suite. It was highly unexpected. The room was remarkable. A view of the lake, a full size sink, marble counter top island, stove top, refrigerator, living, dining and enormous bedroom and en suite. There was a fireplace and balcony that made everything quite cozy.

We ate some light meals in the great room, but with all the great restaurant choices in Lake Placid, we didn't rely on the hotel's facilities. The hotel is very large, spreads out over a large area and it appeared that even with some large groups in attendance, the place can handle the crowds. Similarly to what we see in top notch hotels elsewhere, the housekeeping supervisor was spotted with her clipboard and communication device, making sure the rooms were cleaned correctly and on time. That marks a good facility in our view.

Room tip: Even if you are not a Club member, ask if there are any free upgrades available; our experience is that most hotels will check and see if they can accommodate you.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard F W
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you so much for both your loyalty to the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club, Lake Placid, NY and to our IHG brand. I am so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us! As a Torchbearer Award winning resort customer service is high on our list of priorities. Our staff makes it their number one job to ensure every single guest is having a great experience. Thank you again for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay. You have an unobstructed view of Mirror Lake and the high peaks from the top of the hill the resort sits on. Olympic ice rinks are next door, stopped in to watch a Can-Am hockey practice. The great room and patio are great places to enjoy a drink and watch the sunset over the mountains. The rooms are good sized and clean. Plenty of common areas to meet people. Only drawback is the walk up the hill after a day on Main Street, but the LP Xpress shuttle bus gets around that issue. I will be staying there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for the awesome review! It is great to see that you had an outstanding time on your getaway vacation! Lake Placid, NY is such a beautiful place to visit and offers so many activities for both families and individuals. We can’t wait to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Enjoyed our stay here. Picked the hotel for the location and views.

Location - Easy to walk to main street, shops and places to eat. Also very close to the Olympic Center. Keeps you in shape as the hotel is on top of a hill and it is a hike to get up.

Views - Being on top of the hill gives great views of the surrounding lakes and mountains. Loved seating on the outside patio with the fire pit, enjoying the views and drinks.

Rest of the hotel - Rooms were comfortable. Outside balconies were very, very small. Did not sit out there. Did not eat in the hotel - more choices and better prices on main street in town. Indoor pool was large as well as the whole pool area. Hot tub was a little too much chlorine. Staff was very friendly and helpful

* One tip: if you come to Lake Placid in May/June beware of the black flies that bite. My kids and I got lots of bites. Bring bug spray!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club for your recent trip to Lake Placid, NY! I am glad to see that everything was perfect during your stay and you were able to enjoy the activities town has to offer and our breathtaking views of the High Peaks! Thank you so much for the great review and we can’t wait to see you back again soon!