We enjoyed our stay. Cindy at the front desk was particularly nice, friendly, helpful, professional. Our room was very nice, but you do need to know that the least expensive rooms may either have an interior view of the pool area or may look over an unattractive roof to a not-so-distant brick wall. (I would guess only 20 of the hotel rooms have that view).
They have free coffee in the lobby at breakfast time, in case you don't want to eat in the restaurant or brew in your room.
As others have noted, the view from many rooms and the really-nice great room is fantastic. The location is very convenient to town activities.
Overall, it was a good stay and I would gladly return if the rate continues to be reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of village, overlooking lake, adjacent to Olympic Center. Family owned & operated. Quality & Meetings Service Excellence award winner. Highlights: 245 guest rooms and suites, many with Jacuzzis & fireplaces, 45 holes championship golf, 6 tennis courts, indoor pool & whirlpool, fitness room, extensive meeting space, private beach with paddle & row boats at the Lake Placid Club. Restaurants: MacKenzie's, Great Room Lobby & Bar, The Lake Placid Club Golf House, (year round weddings/special events, and seasonal for lunch) and The Lake Placid Club Boathouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort And Golf Club Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Crowne Plaza