Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Best Western Adirondack Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$159
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$148
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$209
Hotels.com
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$297
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$163
Courtyard
US$110
US$99
QualityInn
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$143
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$134
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$376
Official Hotel
  • Pool
1,374 results
All reviewsadirondack winggreat roomsteep hillhill overlookingin townboat housenew wingfamily suitehockey tournamentbreakfast buffetan upgradethe hotel sitsthe main streetprivate beachfront desk staffbeautiful viewthe hotel offers
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel staff are very pleasant and friendly. Nice setting above the town, easy to walk up the hill. Nice views from the front of the hotel especially. We had a room in the older part at the back and had decent view to surrounding mountains. Clean hotel.
Only complaint was that the doors slammed up and down the halls all night long. Nobody's fault, but the doors are heavy and slam shut and most people don't close them gently enough so made for a loud night.

Room Tip: Hopefully the hotel can do something about the doors! On our floor, 4th floor, in old motel-ish area, the slamming doors along the hallway were loud.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback from your recent trip to the beautiful Lake Placid, NY. I am glad to see that you found our staff to be both pleasant and friendly. As a TorchBearer Award winning resort our staff take customer service very seriously. We strive to make every guest’s stay a memorable experience. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club and we look forward to hosting your stay again in the future!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Generally a nice room, but not one of the more comfortable beds...mattresses were too plush, with too much bedding. Everything in the room worked fine, but I had to find ways to dim all the LEDs and external street light for adequate darkness to sleep. Everything was going fine until a puddle seemed to form out of nowhere in the bathroom while I was seated. Couldn't figure out where it was from, but it forced me to change some of my clothes. Occurred again the following day, on the morning of my departure resulting in the same issue, and I concluded water was seeping up from under the floor, but had to be due to a leaky toilet. The room had a very nice view of the lake and mountains, but the balcony was so small from front to back that there was barely enough room to sit in the small chair provided.

Dinner restaurant receptionist seemed absolutely horrified when I asked to see the menu; same re-action when I repeated myself...and no verbal response. Finally, the maître d' came over with the menu and stood a foot away waiting for me to make a decision. I was already heading out with other dinner plans and had clearly indicated that I just wanted to get an idea of what they serve in case I wanted to stay there for dinner the following night. Otherwise, staff was good and attentive.

Breakfast was the highlight of this hotel, although it was not included in the rate. It was, however, inexpensive as a paid breakfast...and the quality was very good to excellent. It was a sit-down buffet, and there was a very good omelet station with a wide choice of fillings. There were hard-boiled eggs and good scrambled eggs, and at least two very tasty meat choices. The orange juice tasted fresh and delicious and they refill your glass by surprise. Plenty of breads, cereals and pastries, and a fresh fruit cocktail (although this wasn't their best thing). Nothing was not good, so for $12.95 I thought it was a great deal. And being that this hotel was half the price of the Hampton Inn nearby, it would have scored higher were it not for the unacceptable problem of a leaky toilet.

I would recommend staying here if it could be trusted the toilet won't leak.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for sharing some feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast buffet! In regards to your leaky toilet, in the future please notify our front desk staff of this issue so they can send a staff member over to fix it. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club for your recent trip to Lake Placid, NY.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Crowne Plaza offers the most spectacular views of the village of Lake Placid, hands down, Easy access to the shops, downtown, without being in the midst of the business.
Regrettably, this is where the good news stops.
The staffing is in serious need of overhaul. I fully understand that during the summer months, things are going to be busier. We dined at their restaurant on an evening in July, outdoors. You CANNOT beat the view.
Although it was steady, it was by no means crazy as far as a guest/server ratio. We were seated, in a rather rude fashion, and waited half an hour for menus. We then waited 45 minutes before someone checked back to take our order. Again, rudeness was directed our way. An hour later, our food arrived, which was edible....and that's about it. We were not the only unhappy guests. I overheard a conversation at the next table, between guests and a woman who appeared to be a manager of some sort. She was clearly unmoved by the guests complaints, and barely acknowledging them.
The ladies room on the main floor was not kept up throughout the evening. No toilet tissue, or soap was available between 8-9pm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback from your recent stay with us. I would like to extend my apologizes for the way you feel you were treated during dinner. This is not our standard service and I will be speaking with the Food and Beverage Manager about this issue. I am, however, glad that you were able to take full advantage of our fantastic views of the High Peaks! Being so high up on our hill allows us to offer breathtaking views. Again, I apologize for your recent experience and I can assure you that it will be addressed.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Cindy at the front desk was particularly nice, friendly, helpful, professional. Our room was very nice, but you do need to know that the least expensive rooms may either have an interior view of the pool area or may look over an unattractive roof to a not-so-distant brick wall. (I would guess only 20 of the hotel rooms have that view).

They have free coffee in the lobby at breakfast time, in case you don't want to eat in the restaurant or brew in your room.

As others have noted, the view from many rooms and the really-nice great room is fantastic. The location is very convenient to town activities.

Overall, it was a good stay and I would gladly return if the rate continues to be reasonable.

Room Tip: The least expensive rooms may either have an interior view of the pool area or may look over an unattractive roof to a not-so-distant brick wall. (I would guess only 20 of the hotel rooms have that view).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank takingahike

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club for your recent visit to the beautiful Lake Placid, NY. I am glad to hear that your stay was fantastic and you got to enjoy the views from our GreatRoom bar and lounge! Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge one of our front desk managers, Cindy! She will be so thrilled to hear that she got a great review! Our staff strives to stand out in such a manner that guests feel that they went above and beyond expectations. Thank you again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club and we can’t wait to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The room was dated and run down. The bed took up most of the room. The bath room needed to be grouted. The bath tub was old. There was no outdoor pool. The way the hotel was set up it was hard to find the right elevator that would take you to your room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank truthtellerNewYork
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback since it only helps us to improve. To the concern of our rooms being dated we are constantly in the process of updating the furnishing is the guests rooms to help keep that modern Adirondack feel. I am sorry that you feel that our resort did not meet your standards. In regards to not having an outdoor pool, we offer an indoor pool. That way our guests will be able to use it all four seasons. We do have private beach access on Mirror Lake for the summer season. Thank you again for your feedback.