“Lake Placid is the Star”

Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Hotel was ok, the rooms are looking a little dated and tired. But we didn't stay in the room too long other than to sleep as Amazing Lake Placid is right outside.
The patio bar offers an amazing view and shouldn't be missed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RunninAllOver
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for sharing some feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our GreatRoom Bar and Lounge area and its outside patio! Its views are simply breathtaking! I am sorry to hear that you thought our rooms are looking a little dated and tired but I can assure you that we are constantly updating our furnishing throughout the entire hotel to make sure it keeps its modern Adirondack ambiance. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel has probly the best views in lake placid... The hotel is definitely worth the money , the hotel offers a shuttle to there private beach. I stayed with my two kids and is a nice hotel for kids , the pool is a big plus .. We will stay here again ..

1  Thank cmh1973
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! I am thrilled to hear that your stay was excellent and you got to enjoy our private beach and indoor pool! Lake Placid, NY is such a beautiful area. We love seeing our guests enjoying our town! Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club and we hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The good.....This is was very nice hotel located on top of the hill in Lake Placid. The views were awesome! The rooms were clean and I loved the little arrival pack you received in your room for "refreshment and relaxation", it contained a nice spray that smells like aveda products!

The Bad....I am a single mom and I came here with my 2 teenage daughters. Upon checking in, the couple ahead of me received a coupon for 10% of the Boat House restaurant which belongs to the crown plaza. I get it, this is an upscale place for dinner...but I do make very good money and do like to treat myself and my daughters to nice dinners. Long story short, I was not given a coupon or even told about the boat house.

The bed was very hard and I woke up sore each morning of my stay.

The worst...We went to breakfast and it was awful! There is one chef making omelets and the line was very long and crowded...maybe poor placement of the omelet station...I dont know. The food was awful..cinnamon french toast was cold and seemed like it was frozen. The pancakes were definitely frozen and must have been warmed up in a microwave...gross! Coffee was cold...just not worth the money.

There is complimentary coffee in the lobby...when I went to get a cup...there wasnt any "to go" cups...I heard a man asking the reservation desk for the cups to be refilled...during this time, I went to my room to grab a few things. When I came back down, the cups still had not been refilled and just took myself to starbucks!

I have read previous reviews and many people complained about the walk up and down the hill. It is a very steep walk. It is not the fault of the hotel!!! Despite the location of the hotel, it does offer awesome views. I would stay here again but I would not eat breakfast here!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the money and get a lake view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our Temple Spa products put in each guest room! We get great reviews about them all the time and hear they work great! In regards to your check in process I apologize that you were not given a Boat House coupon or even a mention of the Boat House Restaurant. I can assure you that it was nothing personal and I will definitely notify the front desk of this and make sure it is mentioned to every single guest at check in. Thank you for making us aware of this so we are able to fix it. I appreciate your feedback from your dining experience during breakfast. I will speak to the Food and Beverage Manager about your concerns and make sure it is all fixed for the next time you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wow, we were pleasantly suprized when I pulled up to the place. Nice staff, great room. Restaurant, outdoor patio with a great view of Mirror Lake. This place has it all. I would go back. It was also reasonably priced for a Sunday night at $125 for two queen beds.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank daviddQ8181ES
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you so much for the outstanding review of our property! It is always great to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club for your recent venture to the beautiful Lake Placid, NY and we can’t wait to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a long weekend with my family the hotel was great. excellent location a short walk to Main Street and the Olympic center. Rooms were very good one side had a view of the mountains the other had a view of the lake. Got up early and walked around mirror lake every morning. Great place I would highly recommend this hotel when stating in Lake Placid

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for the excellent review! I am thrilled to hear that your family trip to the beautiful Lake Placid, NY was outstanding and you were able to enjoy our fantastic views of the High Peaks Region! Also, the 2.7 mile walk around Mirror Lake is such a nice way to get your day going! Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club and we look forward to hosting your stay again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I stayed at this location while my son was attending CAN AM hockey camp right next door. We did not have reservations and only decided to stay here after the rental we rented on VRBO turned out to be a dump. We explained our story and the person at the desk, I believe his name was Issac, was able to give us a great deal and we booked the room for the entire week. The view was stunning, the rooms were clean and neat and we had everything we needed for the whole week. Housekeeping was incredible and very friendly. The breakfast buffet had something for everyone and was reasonably priced. The restaturant for dinner was not very good, each of us (four total) did not enjoy the food we ordered and its a tad overpriced compared to what is available in town. This hotel is close to everything. The hill that is sits upon is HUGE, but a great walk to burn off ice cream! The kids loved the indoor pool. Will stay here hands down next time we come back. Good job Crowne Plaza!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the lake, its stunning!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our staff’s hard work and great attitudes. We take a great amount of pride in delivering top notch customer service and love hearing about everyone’s great stays! I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our amazing views of the High Peaks Region. In regards to your dining experience I will definitely notify the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure it is fixed for the next time you come and visit. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Crowne Plaza in Lake Placid is fantastic especially if you're traveling with dogs. Great staff, great rooms, great location, great pool and workout facilities short very convenient trails for walking your dogs.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Lake Placid Village and Mirror Lake are worth the $30 upgrade fee. The higher the...
1  Thank lgallery
Leah C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you so much for the outstanding review! We appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our hard work and great attitudes. Our staff takes pride in make every guest’s stay a memorable one. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our hiking trails behind the hotel. It really is great if you bring your pets! Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your trip to the beautiful Lake Placid, NY and we look forward to seeing you again soon!