The title of my review says it all. We're glad we ignored all the unfavorable reviews (we usually check a few of these before booking). This magnificent hotel sits atop a hill overlooking the picturesque Village of Lake Placid and the pristine Mirror Lake. The staff were very welcoming and our room though small was very comfortable. It came equipped with a mini frig, microwave and coffeemaker. The linens were crisp and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was roomy with wonderful toiletries. And to our delight we even had a small balcony where we could sit and enjoy a glass of wine or a morning coffee gazing at the majestic Adirondacks. There is no complimentary breakfast but the hotel has a restaurant where you can have a la carte selections or a buffet. There's also room service. We opted to pick up some delicious muffins in the village the day before and have morning coffee in the room before venturing out. There's plenty of shopping, antiques and even a beach in the village which is a short walk away. Paddle boarding, kayaking and swimming along with hiking around the lake are just a few activities. Restaurants are abundant but we chose to eat at the hotel's fabulous restaurant. The prices were extremely reasonable, the food delicious with light fare options. The atmosphere was that of a great room in a large lake house. An outside dining area and patio with views completed the experience. The bartenders, host and hostesses were very accommodating and friendly. Don't miss this for a great getaway! We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of village, overlooking lake, adjacent to Olympic Center. Family owned & operated. Quality & Meetings Service Excellence award winner. Highlights: 245 guest rooms and suites, many with Jacuzzis & fireplaces, 45 holes championship golf, 6 tennis courts, indoor pool & whirlpool, fitness room, extensive meeting space, private beach with paddle & row boats at the Lake Placid Club. Restaurants: MacKenzie's, Great Room Lobby & Bar, The Lake Placid Club Golf House, (year round weddings/special events, and seasonal for lunch) and The Lake Placid Club Boathouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Lake Placid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort And Golf Club Lake Placid
- Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club Lake Placid Hotel Lake Placid
- Lake Placid Crowne Plaza