“Great guesthouse in Saint-Paul”
Review of Kia Ora

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Paul
Kia Ora
Ranked #1 of 7 Saint-Paul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Kia Ora is a nice and cosy guesthouse in a quiet neighbourhood in Saint-Paul. I only stayed there for one night (as I made a tour around the island) but this would be a great place to stay for a longer time and is a good base for visiting places such Saint-Gilles-les-Bains, l’Ermitage, Saint-Leu, le Cap Noir, le Maïdo,… The owners were very friendly and gave me all information I needed for the rest of my trip (I didn’t even need to go to a tourist office anymore, thanks to all their informations!). The Letchi room I stayed in was very nicely decorated and there was a shared bathroom outside the room. My friend booked the Orchidee room which had a private bathroom (by the way, his room was also nicely decorated). The breakfast was special, made with local products and very tasty. There was also a small swimming pool which we didn’t use. We had a very nice stay there thanks to the hospitability and kindness of the owners.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sofke8868b

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed here with my wife for two nights on the room witj private WC. The room is very good and perfectly cleaned. The pool and the gardens are very beautiful.
But the best thing in this place has two names: Mylène and Bruno (the owners).
They are so nice that we felt at home. Definitly will stay here again.
The breakfast is very good with some wonderfull products.
We have to thank Mylène and Bruno for the hospitality.
If your not fan of big resorts and like some small ans cosy places this is the perfect spot.

Saint Paul is very peaceful and by car it takes more or less 10 minutes to reach hermitage-les-bains so it´s a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasonLisboa
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The hosts at Kia Ora provide both a professional and super-friendly service. This B&B is a peaceful oasis in the centre of Saint Paul, just a short stroll from the sea front. My room was a twin which shares a bathroom with another double room. Both the bedroom and bathroom were spotless and tastefully appointed. The house, garden and pool are maintained to a very high standard, and this is matched by the standard of service. Breakfast was a delight. I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon E
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Our 4 night stay in Reunion was a rest on our way home from our 3 week trip to Madagascar. After looking on tripadvisor Kia Ora looked like a great place to stay. We were not disapointed, it more than lived up to it's great reviews. Bruno and Mylene are very gracious hosts and made us very welcome, their house is is full of wonderful object collected from their own travels. It was lovely to sit by the pool in the morning and eat the delicious breakfasts. I would certainly stay there again if ever we go back to Reunion.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NZ21
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This was the nicest B&B in my whole trip. They allowed me to leave my bags while I went to Madagascar for 11 days. Breakfast was just beautiful and it was quiet. Once you get to undertand the bus system in Reunion it is really great, but be aware that all buses seem stop about 6 p.m. at night. and you cannot exchange any morey at the airport.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank jpal2
Reviewed 28 April 2011

It was good idea to start our visit and journey on Reunion In Kia Ora. The place was not far from the airport and easy to find after the long flight from Europe. It is in fact an oasis of peace with lot of flowers for a pleasant stay. It has specific atmosphere because of the decoration of all over the world, which Mylene and Bruno has collected. And the tropical fruit delicacies for the breakfast! Mylene was so nice and helpful. She helped us a lot with planning our journey round the island and reserved us the accommodation. St.Paul is a good starting point for the trips to Maido and Cap Noire.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JirkaG
Reviewed 14 December 2010

This place was an wonderful surprise during my stay in Reunion Island. It's well situated if you want to go to the Marché Forain in St Paul, and a great base to visit the Maido. But the true value is in it's owners, that were so nice and helpful. The room was great, clean and cosy. And the breakfast was amazing - there could be no better way to start the day.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Tere21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Paul
Hotel de la Plage
#1 of 6 in Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains
No photo provided
La Kaz Nana sakifo
#4 of 7 in Saint-Paul

Been to Kia Ora? Share your experiences!