“place to be”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jinja
Source of the Nile Hotel
Ranked #8 of 33 Jinja B&B and Inns
“place to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

i was there here for a weekend with with my girl friend and we enjoyed every moment there the rooms facing the nice have the best view to see the nile keep the good work of service it was super great who ever reads this trust me its worth a treat for your lovely girl friend or wife even family..cheers

Room Tip: 303 and 304 have the best view for the nile
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kampala
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very affordable, good location, and spacious. Very polite and helpful staff (if i might add). For those who are not the fussy type (like me) who cringe at little things others find insignificant then you're good to go!

I'd made a reservation at this hotel, arrived in Jinja late around 22:00. Got there, took a look around the room and both me and my partner decided we wouldn't make it past one night.

First thing I asked when I got in was, "whats that smell". I don't know how best to describe it....stuffy...over-used bedding's.....dusty. You name it. The room was screaming "LODGE", if you catch my drift. They even had the ink markings on the sheets like you see in our local hospitals and lodges, yes, really.

Gecko's on the balcony. Those clumsy little creatures give me the chills, couldn't sit around with them hanging over my head.

Bathtub and sink were not exactly clean. Need i say more.

Some of you might never notice these things, but this is for those picky folks out there. Go check out anyway, just have a plan B while you're at it.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Joanna R
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I felt very comfortable and welcome. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is friendly. The food was fresh, tasty and the lay out lovely. I like that I was right on the shore of the Nile River and right next to Lake Victoria.
Internet worked great altough I was out and about most of my stay.

Fun times.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mamzzito
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Very nice place to be. Been there twice: good food, efficient stuff, good price, great ambience. The rooms were clean and the Hotel isn't crowded. If you are looking for a place away from the hustle and bustle of city life, a place with uncorrupted air then this is the place to be! Glad to say I wasn't dissapointed

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Mannheim, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I had a magic time. The staff was super friendly, I had a deluxe room with a massive bathroom and a nice balcony. The breakfast was excellent with fresh fruits. The arrival was effortless, and check-in was friendly, efficient and fast.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul L
kampala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

My wife, kids and I had four wonderful nights at the source of the Nile hotel. Everything about the hotel was close excellent, the rooms, the service, the price and ambience. The location was even better because it is a stone throw away from the majestic river Nile, which in my opinion is one of the greatest natural marvels on planet earth. Whilst at the hotel we were warmly welcomed by the Front of House Manager Sheila who ensured that all our needs were catered for swiftly and spoke to us in a very polite and refined manner, which in most parts of Uganda is rare. After participating in sight seeing activities during the day it always felt like home whenever we got back to the hotel. When we go back to Jinja next time, we will most certainly stop by.

Room Tip: Go for the river view rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kali-B
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 days and the staff took great care of me and the internet was really good and it is wifi. The rooms are spacious and were kept clean and the hotel is very quiet so one could easily get their work done.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business