“Ah Banange - TOO much fun!”
Review of Kayak the Nile

Kayak the Nile
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Jinja
More attraction details
Owner description: From mild to wild, novice to expert, there's something for everyone at Kayak the Nile. Take a relaxing 2hr kayak cruise or go for high adrenaline with our grade 5 tandem kayak trip. Learn to white water kayak with Uganda's most experienced and qualified coaches or improve your skills on the Nile's big volume rapids that vary from grades 1 to 6! Whatever your time frame, or your ability level, there's a kayaking opportunity here for you, so you too can experience Nile's natural beauty and its wild white water rapids.
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My friend Elyse and I went on a guided kayaking tour of the Nile with Kayak the Nile, LTD. It was a great experience!! The staff were professional and helpful, and our tour guide - Abraham - was hilarious and very knowledgable! There is definitely no need to be a kayaking expert to enjoy this two-hour tour. Recommended for all skill levels!

I highly recommend this adventure for a fun day out!

Date of experience: December 2013
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hi Katy, thank you very much for the recommendation! We're proud to have Abraham as a part of our team, his knowledge of the local area is exceptional, and he is definitely very entertaining.

It's great to hear about your experience, so thank you for taking the time to write a review,

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
"fantastic experience"

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I had a fantastic time with Kayak the Nile. I had only 2 days to take kayak lessons and I wanted to progress as much as possible in that time. I had a reasonable amount of flatwater kayaking experience before I started, but had no meaningful experience on white water. The Swiss-Norwegian instructor, Julian, was fantastic. His attention to my instruction was phenomenal and I made far more progress than I ever thought possible. On the second morning we spent some time in the swimming pool going through the technique for an Eskimo roll and I was delighted to have perfected my first few Eskimo rolls on flat water. To make this level of progress was beyond any expectation I had for the trip.

The staff are exceptionally friendly and the whole trip ran really smoothly. The only problem I had with my stay was that I couldn't take a longer course of kayak instruction.

Thanks to all the staff at KTN.

Date of experience: November 2013
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi J M - thank you very much for the review! It's great to hear about your experience here on the Nile.

I have passed your compliments on to Julian; feedback is so useful for us all here at KTN, as it helps us know that, as a team, we're on the right track!

Well done on your progress also, we hope to see you back on the river again soon,

Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've taken four lessons through Kayak the Nile and never thought I would progress so quickly. The staff are extremely knowledgeable about kayaking, but are also very patient and thorough instructors. I would highly recommend KTN to any skill level boater from beginner to expert!

Date of experience: November 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thanks for the recommendation Greg; we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

The Nile's a great place for learning to kayak and we really enjoying seeing the progress that can be made here,

Thanks again,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The two of us had travelled to Kenya to go to a friend's wedding and climb Mt Kenya, but a last minute decision to go to Jinja to 'Kayak the Nile' turned out to be the highlight of our entire trip. Neither of us had any experience kayaking and while we had initially thought to go rafting, our friend told us that the best way to experience rapids is with a kayak. Kayak the Nile seemed to be the only major company that offered kayaking so we went with them.

Everyone who worked there were amazingly friendly and very helpful. They were very flexible and accommodating with payment.......we paid them in a variety of currencies. Also, while the prices may not seem cheap, it turned out to of exceptional value.

We had chosen to do the one day introduction course as well as a day of the tandem kayak. However, after such an incredible experience, we ended up having another half day course......we would've done more if we had the time.

Our instructor, Colin, was a very good teacher and a really fun guy. He seemed genuinely excited and proud of our minuscule successes, which was very encouraging. We felt very safe and relaxed with him to the point where capsizing became fun.

We would definitely love to go back and would highly recommend anyone considering going to Jinja to go kayaking with Kayak the Nile. And definitely choose kayaking over rafting.......it is an infinitely better experience.

Date of experience: October 2013
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thanks very much for the recommendation Balleila!

Doing both our tandem kayaking day and an 'Introduction to White Water' course is a fantastic way to experience the river and its rapids; it's great to receive feedback on your time kayaking with us.

We're happy to hear you had so much fun and I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to Colin.

Thanks again, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review,

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I've been kayaking for around 8 years, and have never ventured beyond the white water of Wales and the South Alps. An old kayaking friend suggested paddling in Uganda as he had a university trip scheduled there, so I thought why not and seized the opportunity. As the date loomed closer I began to get more and more nervous about this very different sort of kayaking - these colossal holes and waves and whirlpools, and really started to regret the whole thing. But when I got there, got trashed a few times, had a couple of swims and drank a few Nile Specials, I realised there was nothing to fear. This trip was going to be exciting, fun, and just the right amount of fear. Our coaches, Colin and Sam, were absolutely world class: both in their approach to introducing us to this sort of water at just the right pace (not pushing us too hard but not letting us lapse into an apathetic comfort zone), and their continual analysis and instruction of more specific elements of our kayaking. Yet all the while our coaches had fun, and this made a world of difference. the maintained an extremely friendly and fun yet simultaneously professional attitude to our time both on and off the water. They always went the extra mile - whether joining us for dinner every night, spending extra time talking with us about our kayaking, or accompanying us when we did other activities. I would give Kayak the Nile my highest recommendation - not only as a kayaking organisation but as a professional company, and a means of experiencing some of the best both kayaking and Uganda has to offer. Many thanks and I'll be back soon!

David

Date of experience: September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Emily W, Owner at Kayak the Nile, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for the recommendation David!

I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to both Sam and Colin. Being able to kayak the Nile on a daily basis is a dream job for all us of here, but in addition to that, we love showing others all the river, and Uganda, has to offer - it's fantastic to hear we're succeeding at that.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review; it's much appreciated,